Product News: Electronic Components & Devices
Cryptographic-Node Controller ensures smart grid security.
Press Release Summary:
July 31, 2012 - Featuring 2 AES engines, Model MAX36025 can be placed at access point/data concentrator in smart grid network to add security to crucial points of data aggregation. Device includes on-chip secure key storage, on-chip nonimprinting memory with high-speed tamper-reactive erase, and temperature sensor with rate-of-change detector to sense extreme temperature changes that signal physical attack. Housed in 81-ball CSBGA package that exposes no leads, MAX36025 operates from -55 to +95°C.
Original Press Release
Maxim's Security Manager Ensures Smart Grid Infrastructure Security
Press release date: July 24, 2012
· On-chip secure key storage (in the nonimprinting memory)
· On-chip nonimprinting memory with high-speed tamper-reactive erase
· A temperature sensor with a proprietary rate-of-change detector to sense extreme changes in temperature that signal a physical attack.
· 81-ball CSBGA package exposes no leads to which an attacker can attach. Temperature Range and Availability
· Operates over the -55°C to +95°C temperature range.
· The secure nature of the MAX36025 requires a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) before release of data sheet or other product information. About Maxim
Maxim makes highly integrated analog and mixed-signal semiconductors. Maxim reported revenue of approximately $2.5 billion for fiscal 2011. For more information, go to www.Maxim-ic.com. DATA SHEET: A Data Sheet for this product is available on the web. http://www.maxim-ic.com/MAX36025 Drew Ehrlich
Senior Public Relations Specialist
Office: +1 (408) 601-5478
Maxim Integrated Products | Innovation Delivered® | www.maxim-ic.com