Product News: Communication Systems & Equipment
Communication System is suited for use with TALON robots.
Press Release Summary:
June 23, 2009 - TALON 2-way hailer provides encrypted wireless audio communications between TALON robot and operator up to 2,600 ft away line-of-sight. Controlled via portable, wearable control unit, system allows conversations to be conducted at 4 volume levels and includes 120 dB siren. Clip-on handset broadcasts and receives audio to and from robot and auxiliary input can be connected to MP3 player or laptop computer for playback of recorded messages or music.
Original Press Release
TALON Family of Robots Introduces Two-Way Hailer Technology
Press release date: June 10, 2009
- Volume adjustable two-way communications
- Police/Fire siren included
- Easy to install and remove
- Operates independently of the TALON operator control unit
- Continuous remote listening when not broadcasting
- Secure encrypted digital communication prevents third-party intervention
- Auxiliary audio input for MP3 player or laptop Since TALON's initial deployment in 2000, the QinetiQ North America family of robots has expanded to include small, medium and large unmanned vehicles that can be configured for specific tasks, such as IED defeat, CBRNE/hazmat identification, reconnaissance, combat engineering support and SWAT/MP unit assistance. Today, more than 2,500 TALON robots are deployed around the world, surpassing any other military robot. About QinetiQ North America QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and responsive solutions to government agencies and commercial customers for many of their most urgent and complex challenges. QinetiQ North America is an independent, innovative technology provider that earns over one billion dollars in revenue operating with small company speed and agility while leveraging significant global resources. More than 6,400 QinetiQ North America engineers, scientists and other professionals have the mission knowledge and proven, reliable performance to meet the rapidly changing demands of national defense, homeland security and information assurance customers. For more information, please visit www.QinetiQ-NA.com. About QinetiQ North America Technology Solutions Group QinetiQ North America's Technology Solutions Group, headquartered in Waltham, MA, includes the businesses formerly known as Foster-Miller, Inc., Planning Systems Incorporated, Automatika, Applied Perception, Spectro, Inc., and the research and development activities of Apogen Technologies, Inc. It is an 800-member technology and product development group with an international reputation for delivering innovative products and systems that perform under the most demanding conditions. Source: QinetiQ North America CONTACT: Cindy Black, Technology Solutions Group, +1-781-684-4093, email@example.com, or Matt Warnock, +1-703-752-6528, +1-703-853-5511, Matthew.Warnock@QinetiQ-NA.com, both of QinetiQ North America Web Site: http://www.qinetiq-na.com/