Product News: Vision Systems, Software, Machinery & Machining Tools, Services
CAD/CAM Nesting Software is used for automated cutting.
Press Release Summary:
May 20, 2014 -
ProNest® 2015 provides automatic nesting process that makes advanced level nesting decisions based on available parts in part list. While UI closely aligns with look and operation found with business applications, tabs accelerate navigation between nests, insertion of new nests, or reordering of nests. Other features include OneClick™ production module, which automates job tasks, and Custom Remnants™ tool that lets users enter dimensions of irregular plate or remnant and then complete nest.
Original Press Release
Hypertherm Announces Major Uprade to Its ProNest CAD/CAM Nesting Software
Press release date: April 25, 2014
HANOVER, N.H. – Hypertherm, a U.S. based manufacturer of plasma, laser, and waterjet cutting systems today announced a major version upgrade to its ProNest® advanced CAD/CAM nesting software for automated cutting. ProNest 2015 contains a number of improvements designed to make the software more efficient and easier to use. Some notable features include:
• An automatic nesting process called IntelliChoice™ that makes advanced level nesting decisions based on the available parts in the part list.
• Simplified and intuitive user interface that more closely aligns with the look and operation found with commonly used business applications.
• Tabs to quickly navigate between nests, insert new nests, or reorder nests by clicking and dragging tabs to the desired location.
• The ability to export nests directly to a DXF file without installing a special DXF Polyline setup or changing machines.
• Expanded keyboard shortcuts throughout the software navigation.
• More standard features such as OneClick™, a powerful production module that automates various job tasks, and Custom Remnants™, a tool that allows users to enter the dimensions of an irregular plate or remnant and then complete a nest. Formerly, those two modules were sold separately.
“Customer feedback when combined with Hypertherm’s nearly 50 year history of cutting technology development has resulted in a product certain to increase material savings, boost productivity, lower operating cost and improve part quality,” said Derek Weston, product marketing manager for Hypertherm CAD/CAM software products. “In addition, ProNest 2015 contains more embedded cut process expertise in the NC code than any other software, allowing our customers to leverage patented technologies like True Hole®, True Bevel™, and Rapid Part™.”
Hypertherm is also releasing major version upgrades to its TurboNest® intermediate-level nesting software and NestMaster™ entry-level nesting software. These updates contain a number of the new features found in ProNest 2015. Along with the advanced features, Hypertherm’s new CAD/CAM nesting software continues to integrate advanced functionality with an easy to learn and use interface. Current subscribers can upgrade to the new versions at no additional charge and receive unlimited technical support. More information is available at www.hypertherm.com/CAM
Hypertherm designs and manufactures advanced cutting products for use in a variety of industries such as shipbuilding, manufacturing, and automotive repair. Its product line includes plasma, laser and waterjet cutting systems, in addition to CNC motion and height controls, CAM nesting software, and consumables. Hypertherm systems are trusted for performance and reliability that result in increased productivity and profitability for hundreds of thousands of businesses. The New Hampshire based company’s reputation for cutting innovation dates back nearly 50 years to 1968, with Hypertherm’s invention of water injection plasma cutting. The 100 percent associate owned company, consistently named one of the best places to work in America, has more than 1,300 associates along with operations and partner representation worldwide.
The Meridian Group
575 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23452