Product News: Machinery & Machining Tools
Butt Splicer holds rolls up to 50 in. O.D.
Press Release Summary:
June 16, 2016 - Available in web widths from 10–24 in., S-TAB-50 Turretmaster Butt Splicer accommodates core I.D.'s ranging from 3–6 in. Machine provides automatic gapless splicing with 1 or 2 pieces of tape and shear cutting of both webs simultaneously on 7.5Â° angle. Different sized web festoon options enable splice speeds of 500 or 750 fpm. Additional features include shaftless roll lifting turret design, touchscreen operator interface, PLC control, and tape dispensers that eliminate need for tape trimmers.
Original Press Release
Larger Model of CTC's Turretmaster Butt Splicer
Press release date: June 14, 2016
This new model is designed to hold rolls up to 50” O.D., which have about 56% more footage than the 40” O.D. model, thereby reducing the number of roll changes per shift.
This new splicer will be available in web widths ranging from 10” to 24”. Machine is available to accommodate core I’D.’s ranging from 3” to 6”. Different sized web festoon options will provide for splice speeds of 500 or 750 FPM. A CE compliant version is also planned.
Standard features include:
• Touch Screen operator interface.
• Automatic “Gapless” splicing with (1 or 2) pieces of tape.
• Shaftless roll lifting turret design.
• Industry Standard PLC Control
• Convenient Tape dispensers eliminate the need for tape trimmers.
• Dual Slide Out Tape Applicators – simplify placement of the splicing tapes.
• Portability Package: all parts are mounted on a solid base simplifying splicer movement.
• Shear cutting of both webs simultaneously on a 7.5 degree angle.
• Automatic trim of new web and removal of leading edge.
• See-Thru guarding: allows an unobstructed view of the splicer
For further information please contact Rich Herbert at CTC
973-228-2300 email@example.com www.ctcint.com