Product News: Electronic Components & Devices
Board-to-FPC Connectors feature 50 Vac/Vdc rating.
Press Release Summary:
December 2, 2013 - Measuring 4.24 x 2.64 mm with mated height of 0.9 mm, 4-position BM22 Series features rated current of 4 A power and 0.3 A signal. Micro hybrid, small form factor units are polarized to prevent incorrect mating and provide high retention force with locking feature on power contacts. Contact resistance is suppressed and temperature rise with 4 A of current is less than 30°C. RoHS-compliant and halogen-free, connectors are suited for mobile phones, digital cameras, and barcode scanners.
Original Press Release
Connectors Offer Nearly 3X Current Capacity Compared to Conventional Connectors of Equivalent Size
Press release date: November 19, 2013
SIMI VALLEY, CA -- Hirose, a leader in the development of innovative connector solutions, now offers a hybrid, board-to-FPC, small form factor connector capable of delivering nearly three times the power of similar-sized conventional connectors. The 4-position BM22 Series connector measures just 4.24 x 2.64mm with a mated height of only 0.9mm. Its tiny size and high current capacity make the BM22 Series an ideal choice for design engineers who need to optimize power transmissions while minimizing their PCB footprint.
Additional features of the Hirose's BM22 Series connector include:
- Available in either four or six positions -- Four position (2 power + 2 signal) | Six position (2 power + 4 signal)
- Polarized to prevent incorrect mating; the lead-in angle contributes to its smooth mating structure
- Both contacts (power and signal) provide a secure reliable contact through their two-point contact structure and effective mating lengths
- High retention force with locking feature on the power contacts
- Contact resistance is suppressed and temperature rise with 4 amps of current is less than 30°C
- The guidance ribs deliver a self-aligning range of 0.3 mm and do not require any special adjustments
- This connector can be directly soldered to the FPC/PCB and does not require any wiring or terminals to be crimped
The Hirose BM22 Series connectors carry a voltage rating of 50V AC/DC, are RoHS compliant and halogen-free. The housing is made of LCP, the contact is a copper alloy with a gold-plated finish over nickel under-plating. Typical applications for the BM22 Series connectors include mobile phones, digital cameras, barcode scanners, portable medical devices, as well as computers and accessories.
Pricing and lead times are available upon request. For additional information about the BM22 Series connector, please visit: www.hirose.com.
ABOUT HIROSE ELECTRIC
Hirose Electric Co., Ltd. is a leading global supplier of innovative interconnects, with sales of approximately US $1 billion to customers worldwide. Hirose employs advanced engineering services, superior customer support and worldwide manufacturing capabilities to provide value-based connector solutions for various industries including: telecommunication, consumer electronics, computer and automotive. More information can be found on Hirose Electric’s corporate website at www.hirose.com.