Product News: Sensors, Monitors & Transducers, Green & Clean
Weatherproof Alerting System monitors remote crop conditions.
Press Release Summary:
November 13, 2012 - Using GSM cellular phone networks, Solar Cellular Edition lets farmers and agriculturalists monitor crop temperature, water consumption, soil quality, and other environmental conditions remotely via email, text messaging, and/or voice messages. Solar-powered system, designed for 24/7 monitoring, uses rechargeable batteries for power during dark or overcast conditions of up to 4 weeks and features fault-tolerant design that ensures message delivery.
Original Press Release
Temperature@lert Releases Its Latest Generation Weatherproof Cellular Edition
Press release date: November 6, 2012
BOSTON, Mass. – Temperature@lert has released its latest generation weatherproof, cellular, solar-powered alerting system that enables farmers and agriculturalists to monitor crop temperature, water consumption, soil quality, and other environmental conditions remotely via email, text messaging, and/or voice messages. Temperature@lert’s Solar Cellular Edition has won MITX Innovations Awards as well as a Gold Stevie Award from the American Business Awards.
Using GSM cellular phone networks, Temperature@lert Solar Cellular Edition provides 24/7 monitoring to provide out of range temperature alerts to you via emails, text messages, and/or a telephone call. It will also alert you when the temperature returns to normal. Rechargeable batteries provide power when it’s dark or overcast for up to four weeks. Their fault- tolerant design means if their system ever fails to hear from the device, they'll alert you right away that something's not quite right. Plug-and-Play Smart Sensor options include Temperature, Humidity, Soil Moisture and Wind Speed. An optional contact closure output can replace one of the sensors.
The TM-CELL540-S incorporates the progressive features of the previous generation device with new innovative capabilities to make it the most user-friendly, cost-effective Solar Cellular environmental monitor on the market today. These include:
(1) Four Sensor Input Capability – Notably reduces cost per sensor
(2) Quick Disconnect Sensor Ports – Significantly easier to change sensors
(3) High Efficiency Solar Panel – Allows cellular device to use energy more effectively & increased charging speed
(4) Four Light Pipes – Better diagnostics (Status, Battery, Warning, Failure)
(5) Weatherproof Power Button – Adds extra durability to power button
(6) Extended Battery Capacity – Enhanced battery life
(7) Updated Software – Works with variety of industrial & agricultural sensors
The new TM-CELL540-S continues the success of the previous generation features including:
(1) Easy to set up & use – just power it on & it begins monitoring
(2) Set and send alerts for multiple thresholds for a variety of sensors – provides an easy method to implement an escalation strategy based on several conditions
(3) Send multiple email, text, and voice messages for each threshold and notification type – allows those who are affected by potential problems to take corrective action in a timely fashion
(4) Solar powered – lets internal batteries recharge in remote locations where power supply may not be otherwise available
(5) Ruggedized 12’ Temperature Sensor – weatherproof sensor to withstand outdoor conditions
(6) Communication via mobile network – no phone lines or internet needed to operate the device
(7) Over the air updates – device automatically updates without any assistance
The continued innovation and growth in reach and functionality demonstrates this device’s traction, as well as Temperature@lert’s understanding of, and dedication to, finding the perfect solution to their customers’ needs. “The latest generation of the Solar Cellular Edition meets the dynamic needs of our users, while still remaining tough enough to operate under extreme weather conditions. Additionally the Solar Cellular device is a must for large, outdoor operations such as commercial farming, energy efficiency, green energy monitoring, property management, and for a number of our other industrial customers. The solar-powered option means customers are no longer tethered to any power or communication grid allowing for remote monitoring where it was not possible before,” said Harry Schechter, President and CEO of Temperature@lert.
For more information about Temperature@lert’s latest Solar Cellular Edition, please visit .
Temperature@lert’s temperature monitoring solutions provide both real-time and historic views of a location’s temperature through alerts and cloud-based records of temperatures at specific intervals. This information allows customers to immediately react to potentially disastrous temperature fluctuations, as well as provide temperature consistency for regulatory and internal process control requirements. Temperature@lert has more than 30,000 devices installed in over 40 countries around the globe. For more information, please visit www.temperaturealert.com.