Service Delivery Solution meets telecom market demands.
April 15, 2014 -
Built on MediationZone platform, Service Control enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to reduce expense of delivering metered data services via service delivery and execution engine designed for instances where services and service bundles (voice, data, Next-Gen) form competitive strategy core. Pre-configured solution facilitates configuration for accelerated service innovation, promotes self-sufficiency, and enables total subscriber control.
DigitalRoute Launches Service Control Solution to Meet Telco Market Demand
Skeppsbron 34 SE-111 30
Press release date: April 7, 2014
STOCKHOLM – Delivering fast enablement and monetization of new services
DigitalRoute [http://www.digitalroute.com, whose flexible mediation offering enables service providers to gain control of their growing data volumes, announces the launch of Service Control, a pre-configured solution built on the MediationZone platform.
Service Control enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to reduce the cost of delivering metered data services via a service delivery and execution engine designed for instances where innovative services and service bundles (of voice, data, and/or next generation services) form the core of a competitive strategy.
"The Service Control solution expands the value of the MediationZone platform to address mission-critical use cases," said Johan Bergh, CEO at DigitalRoute. "It will play a central role in how DigitalRoute helps its customers to achieve their own goals."
Service Control directly addresses the most pressing competitive challenges telcos face today. In a recent survey, Top 10 risks to Telecoms Operators [http://www.ey.com/GL/en/Industries/
Top-10-risks-in-telecoms---Top-10-risks-in-telecommunications-revisited, Ernst & Young described:
- Failure to shift the business model from minutes to bytes.
- Disengagement from the changing customer mindset.
- Return on investment.
- Turn demand into value.
- Failure to capitalize on new forms of connectivity.
"Our customers face pressures to innovate and to increase their revenues and market share yet find that their legacy IT is a barrier to success," said Thomas Vasen, VP-Product Management & Marketing at DigitalRoute. "Service Control helps solve these challenges through fast enablement and reduced cost of delivering metered data services."
In fact, Service Control is already being used with impressive results. One North American operator notes, "Providing services in a new, disruptive way using a Freemium model has challenged us to find a lean and cost effective counting solution. Service Control has been our answer. On top of this, we need to continually evolve our offering and be able to quickly introduce new services like toll free data, or high cost payment services. Either way, fast T-T-M is critical to success."
Demand for the new solution reflects how traditional BSS infrastructures are often unfit for the purpose of supporting next generation offerings, devices and networks. They lack flexibility, agility, and speed and thus hinder rather than encourage innovation.
DigitalRoute's Service Control provides:
- Easy configuration for rapid service innovation -tiered pricing models can be quickly monetized and managed in simple buckets, bypassing costly changes to legacy rating and billing.
- Self-sufficiency by empowering new and innovative use-cases to be quickly configured and launched through the same engine, without dependency on the vendor.
- Total subscriber control via a holistic data layer that is system and silo-agnostic, meaning a better end-user experience for the customer. This means pro-active actions can be taken before support costs are incurred.
- Reduced BSS costs and increased margins by offloading legacy billing. As service offerings have become simpler, they can be matched to a lean back office solution. Complexity legacy BSS is only needed for a minority of the transactions that are presently handled in the stack. Service Control eliminates the volumes that are handled inefficiently, thereby increasing margins for bundled services that might otherwise only be borderline profitable.
A European operator now using Service Control comments "Rapid service creation was not possible in our legacy BSS stack, but enabling new roaming bucket services in time for the vacation season was achieved after the introduction of Service Control by DigitalRoute - and in only a few week's time!"
More information about Service Control can be found here [http://www.digitalroute.com/index.php/solutions/online-control/service-control.
DigitalRoute [http://www.digitalroute.com has been providing new approaches to enterprise data management since 1999. Its MediationZone solution offers high throughput and provides a unique degree of user configurability. This means customers achieve greater cost efficiencies, improved times-to-market for new service offerings, the ability to monetize any data, and greater end-customer satisfaction. It also ensures that the right downstream systems receive the right data in the required format regardless of source or destination, and without losing a single bit. MediationZone is the foundation from which multiple, mission-critical Use Cases can be addressed in the areas of Online Control and Data Management. Over 300 leading companies worldwide actively use DigitalRoute technology to meet their data management needs, including a number of OEM partners who use our solution as a central part of their own offering. DigitalRoute is built on the core values of Expertise, Open-Mindedness and Commitment. The company is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with regional offices in Gothenburg, Atlanta, and Kuala Lumpur. DigitalRoute is a venture-backed, privately held company.