Receptacle Covers meet NEC® extra-duty requirements.
September 21, 2012 -
Suitable for installation in wet locations, Red•Dot® Code Keeper® Universal While-In-Use Covers comply with Section 406.9 (B) (1) and 590.4 (D) (2) for extra-duty outlet box hoods. Units are preconfigured for GFCI with adapter plates to accommodate single or duplex receptacles and switches. Complying with OSHA lockout/tagout requirements, latching lockable covers prevent accidental equipment disconnects, while minimizing tampering and deterring theft.
RedoDot® Code Keeper® Universal While-in-Use Covers Meet NEC® Extra-Duty Requirements
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Thomas & Betts Corp.
8155 T&B Blvd.
Memphis, TN, 38125
Press release date: September 13, 2012
Thomas & Betts Product Accommodates GFCI, Single, Duplex or Switch Configurations
MEMPHIS, Tenn., – Red•Dot® Code Keeper® Universal While-In-Use Covers from Thomas & Betts now meet National Electric Code® (NEC®) requirements for extra-duty applications, as well as receptacle installation in wet locations. The covers comply with Section 406.9 (B) (1) and 590.4 (D) (2) for extra-duty outlet box hoods, which are now required for any installation other than one- or two-family dwellings.
Features include the following:
• Preconfigured for GFCI with adapter plates to accommodate single or duplex receptacles and switches;
• Available in a range of cover depths and receptacle configurations for almost every common plug and cord size;
• Most sizes include keyhole mounts for the back to make installation quick and efficient;
• Combination box or device-mounting design provides flexibility in installation;
• Durable latching covers prevent accidental equipment disconnects, reduce tampering and deter theft;
• Lockable covers comply with OSHA lockout/tagout requirements;
• Clearly visible UL® and CSA markings for easy inspection and speedy approval;
• Two adapter plates are included with single-gang covers and four adapter plates are included with two-gang covers.
For more information about Red•Dot® Code Keeper Universal While-In-Use Covers, visit www.tnb.com and look for Red•Dot ® on the "Brands" tab, or call (800) 816-7809.
Thomas & Betts Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of essential components used to manage the connection, distribution, transmission and reliability of electrical power in utility, industrial, commercial, and residential applications. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 45 premium brand names, Thomas & Betts products are found wherever electricity is used. Thomas & Betts’ headquarters are in Memphis, Tenn. For more information, please visit www.tnb.com .