Portable Oscilloscope serves mining exploration and production.
September 25, 2013 -
Built for single-user operation in field, oreXpress™ full range UV/VIS/NIR/SWIR spectrometer delivers performance required to identify minerals. Lack of moving optics as well as MIL-spec fiber optic cable connector with easy-disconnect fiber promote reliability, and optimization step is not required between scans. Mineral contact probe allows for single-click field measurements as well as use in core logging shacks and with chip trays. EZ-ID software is also available.
|Original Press Release |
1 Canal Street ◊ Unit B1
Lawrence, MA, 01840
Fast, Accurate, and Actionable Analysis for Mining Exploration and Production
Introducing the oreXpress™ spectrometer fromSPECTRAL EVOLUTION.See the oreXpress at Spectral International Booth 115 at SEG Whistler, September 24-27, 2013.
Lawrence, MA – SPECTRAL EVOLUTION introduces the next generation of spectrometers for mining exploration and production: the oreXpress™ field, portable spectrometer.
Like all SPECTRAL EVOLUTION field spectrometers, the oreXpress spectrometer is purpose-built for efficient single user operation in the field – lightweight, compact, easy-to-use, and ultra-reliable. As a full range UV/VIS/NIR/SWIR spectrometer, it delivers the high performance required to identify minerals for gold, silver, iron, copper, diamonds, aluminum, uranium and more. The affordable oreXpressoffers a range of benefits, including:
• Rapid data/spectra collection in the field
• High signal to noise ratio for improved reflectance values
• Fast start-up and use with no optimization step required between scans
• Sturdy construction to handle field conditions, including high ambient temperatures
• Reliability with no moving optics and a robust MIL-spec fiber optic cable connector with easy-disconnect fiber
• A rugged and reliable mineral contact probe for single click field measurements, use in core logging shacks, and with chip trays
The oreXpress spectrometer is available with SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’s EZ-ID software that provides:
• An easy way to create a custom mineral library
• The ability to quickly add spectra to an existing library
• Pattern matching algorithms in interactive mode that can be used with the SpecMIN, USGS, and other libraries
• Display of your match report on-screen
Equipped with the oreXpress spectrometer, geologists, field technicians, and exploration managers can:
• Collect a soil grid and establish a baseline
• Map alteration zones
• Vector to mineralization
• Open pit mapping
• Analyze outcrops, hand samples, RC chips, and blast holes
• Analyze drill core quickly and efficiently
• Perform ground truthing for remote sensing images and data
In addition to in-the-field tasks, data collected with the oreXpress spectrometer issaved as ASCII files for use with third party analysis software, without requiring time-consuming pre-processing.
The oreXpress spectrometer with companion Getac PS336 handheld microcomputer features:
• 350-2500nm spectral range
• Auto dark shutter and autoexposure for easy, one-touch scanning
• No optimization required to start scanning – get to work as soon as you hit the field
• Thanks to the Getac PS336, easily tag spectra with images fromthe auto-focus digital camera, e-compass, altimeter, GPS data, and voice notes.
• Getac sunlight readable VGA display
• Mineral contact probe with metal-clad fiber optic cable
• Lightweight LI-ion batteries for power in the field
• Accessories include core shack fold-up field cart and benchtop reflectance probe
To contact Spectral International, Inc.: http://www.spectral-international.com/products.html
To contact Spectral Evolution about the oreXpress and our mining applications: http://www.spectralevolution.com/spectrometers_oreXpress.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION maintains a facility in Lawrence, Massachusetts which houses design, prototyping, manufacturing and service facilities for the instruments that it markets and sells worldwide, either through direct sales, OEM sales or through distributor agents.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA