Portable Flowmeter offers 0.1-20 m/s bidirectional flow range.
December 12, 2013 -
Utilizing advanced DSP technology, Micronics Portaflow 330 can display instantaneous fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totalized values. Unit also incorporates data logger that can record up to 98 K events, which can be output directly to PC or printer, or stored in instrument's memory for downloading at later time. Supplied with 2 types of transducer sets for pipes ranging from 13–2,000 mm OD, meter produces variable current or pulse output, proportional to detected flow rate.
|Original Press Release |
JB Industrial Contractor, Inc. (BOILER.COM)
2340 E. Trinity Mills
Carrollton, TX, 75006
Micronics Portable Flow Meter
Utilising advanced DSP technology, the Portaflow 330 (PF330) is the latest portable flow measurement and recording system to be added to the Micronics range of equipment.
The PF330 can display instantaneous fluid flow rates or velocity, together with totalised values. It also incorporates a data logger that can record up to 98k events which can be output directly to a PC or printer or stored in the instrument’s memory for downloading at a later time.
A variable current or pulse output, proportional to the detected flow rate, is also produced by the PF330 to enable it to interface with a range of external control devices such as those found in building management or site monitoring systems.
The PF330 is very much designed with ‘ease of use’ in mind. An interactive QuickStart menu, which simplifies system installation at any suitable location, together with minimal set-up requirements, means that the system can be installed and brought into service very quickly. Furthermore, the application parameters for a particular site can be saved to non-volatile memory and instantly recalled if a site is revisited for monitoring at a later time – further reducing the set-up time.
The flow sensors, or transducers, connected to the PF330 instrument are attached to the outside of the pipe being monitored and provide totally non-invasive flow measurement without disturbing the existing plant equipment or process operation.
• Non-invasive installation – the process operation being monitored is in no way interrupted or otherwise affected by the use of this equipment
• Simple installation – there is no overhead for additional fittings, plant modification, or retro-fit expenditure
• Zero fluid contact – no contamination risks of the process fluid and possible exposure of the monitoring equipment to corrosive or toxic liquids
• Light-weight, hand-held instrument with large, easy to read graphic display and switchable backlighting
• Flow range 0.1m/sec to 20m/sec bi-directional
• Two types of transducer sets supplied for use with pipes ranging 13mm - 2000mm outside diameter
• Operator selectable language
• Simple to follow dual function keypad
• Simple ‘Quick Start’ set up procedure
• Continuous flow monitoring, with ‘Totalised’ option
• Data logging with up to 98k stored data points
• Data logging can be controlled manually or set-up for timed operation, allowing unattended operation
• Logged data can be viewed as text or graphically, with the ability to scroll to any stored event
• RS232/USB outputs for downloading data logger contents to PC or optional Bluetooth® printer. Live data logging also available at these outputs
• Pulse output, 4-20mA, 0-20mA or 0-16mA output with simple range calibration
• Rechargeable battery with up to 20hrs continuous battery operation depending on load
• Mains/battery operation with battery management
• Building services
• Energy management
• Power generation
• Power plants
• HVAC & energy systemaudits
• Pump verification
• Process control
• Chemical addition
• Hydraulic systems
• Fire systems
• Leak detection
• Boiler testing