Mechanical Foam Testing Systems test to ASTM D3574, ISO 2439.
January 23, 2014 -
Foam, furniture, and seating testers, controlled by MTESTQuattro® software, perform common foam compression tests according to ASTM D3574, ISO 2439, and other standards. Various frame sizes accommodate sample sizes up to 24 x 24 in., and options are available to perform tensile, tear, elongation, adhesion, fatigue, and dynamic testing for foam, furniture, and seating. Systems include eXpert 5952F dynamic fatigue foam tester and 4 models of eXpert 5630F standard static foam tester.
|Original Press Release |
51 Morgan Dr.
Norwood, MA, 02062
ADMET Announces Dedicated Foam Testing Systems for ASTM D3574
Suite of foam, furniture, and seating testers available for multiple sample widths and for compression, tensile, tear, elongation, adhesion, fatigue, and dynamic testing; all test for ASTM D3574 and ISO 2439 standards
NORWOOD, MA – ADMET, a manufacturer of materials testing machines, today announced a new line of mechanical testing systems configured to perform common foam compression tests according to ASTM D3574, ISO 2439, and other foam testing standards. The systems are all controlled by the company’s MTESTQuattro® software and come in a variety of frame sizes to accommodate sample sizes up to 24-in. x 24-in., and with options to perform tensile, tear, elongation, adhesion, fatigue, and dynamic testing for foam, furniture, and seating.
“We worked closely with leaders in the foam industry to understand their specific needs, and found they want a single machine to conduct as many foam tests and sample sizes as possible, at a price point that makes in-house testing possible,” says Richard Gedney, CEO, ADMET. “Traditional universal testing machines are very costly when configured to test foam, so ADMET developed a series of cost-effective, dedicated testers to help every size shop meet ASTM, ISO, and other foam testing standards with in-house equipment.”
The new suite of products offered includes both static and dynamic solutions.
Static – eXpert 5630F
• The eXpert 5630F standard static foam testing system includes four models.
- The eXpert 5631F tests samples up to 16-in. x 16-in. for Indentation Force Deflection (ASTM D3574-Test B1); Compression Force Deflection (ASTM D3574-Test C); Hysteresis Loss (ASTM D3574-X6); and ISO 2439 Method A, B, C, D, and E. Recovery Time (ASTM D3574-Test M) is optional
- The eXpert 5632F system has a wider frame to test samples up to 24-in. x 24-in. for all tests included in the standard system.
- The eXpert 5635F system tests samples up to 16-in. x 16-in. on all tests included in the standard system, and also includes an adjustable crosshead to increase vertical test space for tensile testing (ASTM D3574-Test E), and tear testing (ASTM D3574-Test F).
- The eXpert 5636F has both a wider frame to test samples up to 24-in. x 24-in. and an adjustable crosshead to increase vertical test space for tensile/peel testing in addition to all tests included in the standard system.
Dynamic – eXpert 5952F
• The eXpert 5952F fatigue foam testing system tests samples up to 19-in. x 19-in. with a vertical test space of 24-in., and conducts all tests from the standard eXpert 5630F static foam testing system as well as tensile/peel testing, tear testing, fast recovery time tests (up to 600 inches per minute), and Constant Force Pounding (ASTM D3574-Test I).
For more information, view a video demonstration of the eXpert 5630F foam testing system, a video of Urethane Foam Constant Force Pounding Dynamic Test – ASTM D3574 Test I3, or a video of Memory Foam Recovery Time Test for Viscoelastic Urethane – Similar to ASTM D3574 Test M.
ADMET is a leading global manufacturer of innovative material testing systems for tension, compression, bend, peel, torsion, biaxial, and dynamic fatigue testing. ADMET’s systems enable customers to conduct comprehensive, repeatable tests to ASTM or ISO standards, keep testing costs under control, and seamlessly integrate testing procedures into their organizations. Robust, easy to use, and consistently accurate, ADMET supplies material testing systems to the automotive, aerospace, biomedical, construction, plastics, metals, test lab, and education sectors as well as to major government agencies. Customers include Lawrence Livermore National Lab, GE, DuPont, Boeing, US Steel, John Deere, Bechtel, Medtronic, and Harvard Medical School. The ADMET team has been solving materials testing problems for more than 25 years from basic applications to recent innovative breakthroughs in the medical sector.
For more information, ADMET call 781-769-0850, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.admet.com.
Harris Media Services