Hardware Accelerated Transcoder suits bulk transcoding farms.
March 23, 2012 -
Featuring modular form factor, Model AL2400 allows up to x24 HD outputs, or up to x200 video encodings in 1RU unit. Transcoder ingests massive pools of SD/HD channels and is particularly suited for IPTV and OTT-TV deployments. In addition to carrier-grade multiscreen delivery, Model AL2400 includes MPEG-DASH output, DataMiner supervision, full CDN interoperability, and WebService HTTP RESTFul API to integrate transcoder with non-SNMP managers.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
345, rue Lavoisier
Montbonnot, , F-38330
Allegro DVT Introduces AL2400 High Density Transcoder, 24 HD for 40kEUR
GRENOBLE, France, -- Allegro DVT extends its portfolio of transcoding solutions, and introduces AL2400, its High Density transcoder. This 1RU unit is a new form factor, hardware accelerated transcoder, designed with bulk transcoding farms in mind.
Fully packed AL2400, allowing up to x24 HD outputs, or up to x200 video encodings, in
x1 RU: 40kEUR Launch price, availability in July 2012.
This unit ingests massive pools of SD/HD channels, and is particularly suited for massive, cost-conscious, IPTV and OTT-TV deployments. It benefits from all the features of AL2000 transcoder, such as carrier-grade multiscreen delivery, and adds:
- a new modular form factor, used to stack up to x6 transcoding modules per 1RU.
- a very high density, allowing up to x24 HD encodings per 1RU.
- an extremely low power consumption (down to 6W per service), equivalent to a yearly $50k energy saving for a x200 channels headend.
In parallel, AL2000 and AL2400 are extended, to meet the latest operators/broadcasters requirements. This includes:
- WebService HTTP RESTFul API, to integrate the transcoders with non-SNMP managers.
- MPEG-DASH output, for next generation delivery.
- Embedded Origin Server, for maximum integration, where competitors need several boxes.
- DataMiner supervision.
- DVB-Teletext and ClosedCaption to SMPTE TTML subtitling &Multi-lingual iOS5, to meet governmental requirements.
- Full CDN interoperability, including Akamai.
Pop by stand #12 at IP&TV World Forum 2012, and request your personal demonstration.
The Allegro DVT Team.
Allegro DVT is a leading provider of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|SVC|MVC solutions, including industry standard compliance test suites and real-time audio/video encoders and transcoders. Allegro DVT products have been chosen by more than 100 major IC providers, OEMs and broadcasters.
For more information, visit http://www.allegrodvt.com or contact email@example.com.