Fully Managed Ethernet Switches combine resiliency and security.
NETGEAR Rolls Out Fully Managed M4100 Series Switches
4500 Great America Pkwy.
Santa Clara, CA, 96054, USA
These switches come with CLI, advanced scripting capabilities and Layer 3 routing
New Delhi, India – Adding to its effective range of switching solutions, NETGEAR has unveiled Intelligent Edge M4100 series L2+ managed switches. Combining superior resiliency and advanced security even far from the wiring closet, NETGEAR Intelligent Edge M4100 series provide comprehensive Layer 3 routing.
M4100 series consists of 12 fully managed switches, ranging from 8-port Fast Ethernet to 50-port Gigabit Ethernet. These new switches by NETGEAR are perfect for organizations requiring intelligence at the network edge. As a cost-effective component of converged voice, video and data networking solutions, NETGEAR M4100 series delivers a secure edge in commercial buildings and campus LAN environments: PoE (802.3af) and PoE+ (802.3at) versions of M4100 series are perfect for Wireless access points, IP telephony and IP surveillance deployments.
Commenting on the product, Subhodeep Bhattacharya, Regional Director, India & SAARC, NETGEAR said, “These new switches are ideal and cost effective for all organizations considering reliable, affordable and simple access layer switching with CLI, advanced scripting capabilities and Layer 3 routing features.”
- Layer 2+ with static routing
• M4100 series comes with Port-based / VLAN-based / Subnet-based "static routing" Layer 2+ versions
• L3 fixed routes to the next hop towards the destination network are added to the routing table
• L3 routing is wire-speed in M4100 series hardware with 64 static routes (IPv4)
- Engineered for convergence
• Automatic multi-vendor Voice over IP prioritization based on SIP, H323 and SCCP protocol
• Voice VLAN and LLDP-MED for automatic IP phones QoS and VLAN configuration
• Advanced classifier-based hardware for L2, L3, L4 security and prioritization
• Advanced Multicast filtering with IGMP and MLD snooping and querier modes
- High-value performance and IPv6 ready
• 16K MAC addresses; up to 100Gbps switching fabric; 9K jumbo frames; Green Ethernet
• IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - DiffServ)
- High availability and PoE/PoE+ full power capability
• Redundant power supply option for uninterruptible operation (RPS)
• External power supply option for PoE and PoE+ full power applications (EPS up to 1,440W)
- Industry standard management
• Industry standard command line interface (CLI)
• Fully functional NETGEAR web interface (GUI)
Pricing and Availability: The NETGEAR M4100 series is currently available with NETGEAR’s authorized distributors in India in the range of MRP INR 22,500/- to INR 1,46,000/- for twelve different models. It is backed by NETGEAR ProSafe Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
About NETGEAR Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. For consumers, the company makes high performance, dependable and easy to use home networking, storage and digital media products to connect people with the Internet and their content and devices. For businesses, NETGEAR provides Networking, storage and security solutions without the cost and complexity of big IT. The company also supplies top service providers with retail proven, whole home solutions for their customers. NETGEAR products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless, Ethernet and Powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 29,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 41,000 value-added resellers. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in 25 countries. NETGEAR is an ENERGY STAR® partner. More information is available at http://www.NETGEAR.com. Connect with NETGEAR at http://twitter.com/NETGEAR and http://www.facebook.com/NETGEAR
For further information please feel free to contact the undersigned:
Alliance Public Relations