End Mill Cutters support diverse materials and applications.
December 21, 2010 -
Ranging from 1-20 mm dia depending on design, High Productivity Cutting (HPC) End Mills are made from micro-grain carbide and address applications such as complex 3D machining, roughing, and pre-finishing operations. Combination of cutting tool technologies, such as variable pitch and flute spacing, minimize vibrations even at elevated speeds and substantial cutting depths. Reliability and chip evacuation features maximize cutting performance and tool life.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
1800 Century Dr.
West Boylston, MA, 01583-2121
Emuge Expands High Productivity End Mill Line for Efficient, Reliable Machining in a Wider Range of Applications
WEST BOYLSTON, MA U.S.A. - Today, Emuge Corp., announced they offer new High Productivity Cutting (HPC) End Mills designed to address a broader range of applications. Building on the success of the MULTI-Jet Cut end mills, which permit rapid material removal of a wide range of materials, Emuge has added new designs that extend the range of application to include the ability to perform complex 3-D machining, as well as roughing and pre-finishing operations. Emuge HPC End Mills are made from select micro-grain carbide and offer increased reliability and efficient chip evacuation for maximum cutting performance and tool life.
"HPC End Mills feature a combination of cutting tool technologies like variable pitch and flute spacing to minimize vibrations, even at high speeds and substantial cutting depths," said Mr. Stephen Jean, Milling Products Manager, Emuge Corp. "Material removal rates of up to ten times that of conventional end mills can be achieved with Emuge HPC End Mills."
Emuge's High Productivity End Mill Program includes the following tools:
- The original MULTI-Jet-Cut features an optimized geometry and high-performance carbide for accurate, large-volume machining in a wide variety of materials including steel at up to 44 Rc, cast iron, brass and bronze The MULTI-Jet-Cut End Mills are offered in three length configurations.
- MULTI-Jet-Cut IKZ end mills utilize internal coolant / lubricant capability to provide the most efficient chip evacuation in a wider range of materials. These end mills are available in the original flat end design as well as a torus or radius corner design. The coolant-through-the-spindle feature expands the range of application to include titanium and nickel based alloys.
- HPC-Jet-Cut end mills, available with positive, negative and neutral rake angle geometry, provide exceptional tool life with smooth and efficient cutting in roughing and finishing operations in a wide variety of materials including steels up to 56Rc.
- MULTI-Jet-Cut Ball-Nose designs are ideally suited for high volume 3-D machining applications such as those used in mold and die manufacturing, as well the power generation and aerospace industries.
- MULTI-Jet-Cut Base end mills offer an economical solution for rapid material removal in the widest range of materials. These end mills will maximize cutting performance even on conventional CNC and manual machines that offer moderate spindle speeds and low machine dynamics.
Emuge High Performance Solid Carbide End Mills range in diameter from 1 mm - 20 mm, depending on design.
Emuge Corp. is a subsidiary of the 1,000+ employee German company Emuge-Werk Richard Glimpel KG that has been the product technology and performance leader in their field for over 90 years. The company manufactures an extensive line of taps, thread mills, end mills, holders and attachments - over 100,000 items sold through distributors worldwide. Emuge also offers end-user technical support through a network of in-the-field engineers with extensive tooling experience.
Over 10,000 types of cutting tools and accessories are stocked in the company's North American Headquarters located in W. Boylston, MA USA. The 21,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, custom-designed and built in 2005, also serves as a technology center. For more information on the entire line of Emuge End Mills, contact Emuge at 1800 Century Drive, West Boylston, MA 01583-2121, Tel. 800-323-3013, internet; www.emuge.com.