Director and Switch help simplify network infrastructure.
October 13, 2004 - TotalStorage® SAN m-type enterprise director and switch products are architected for use in complex enterprise SANs. TotalStorage SAN140M director supports up to 140 Fibre Channel ports for Open System and FICONâ„˘ attachment, all within 12-unit high chassis. TotalStorage SAN32M-1 switch provides workgroup and departmental Fibre Channel SAN capability. Rated at 2 Gb/sec, product offers up to 32 non-blocking ports that may be configured with shortwave or longwave optics.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
IBM (Corporate Headquarters)
1 New Orchard Rd.
Armonk, NY, 10504-1783
IBM TotalStorage SAN Portfolio Expands with SAN140M Director and SAN32M-1 Switch for Infrastructure Simplification
The introduction of the TotalStorage® SAN m-type family of enterprise director and switch products expands the TotalStorage SAN portfolio, with products architected and scaled for use in complex enterprise SANs.
The initial offering of the TotalStorage SAN m-type family of enterprise director and switch products includes the TotalStorage SAN140M director (2027-140) and TotalStorage SAN32M-1 switch (2027-232).
The IBM TotalStorage SAN140M director (2027-140) supports up to 140 Fibre Channel ports for Open System and FICONâ„˘ attachment. From an initial configuration size of 16 ports, it can scale in four-port increments to 140 ports, all within 12-unit height chassis to support high-density SAN connectivity solutions. It enables Fibre Channel connectivity for large enterprise-class SANs.
The SAN140M director is designed to provide:
· 2 Gb Fibre Channel
· Up to 140 non-blocking fibre channel ports, an aggregate bandwidth of up to 28,000 MB/s
· High-availability connectivity technology
· SAN connectivity support for FCP and FICON environments
· SANtegrity security
· Non-disruptive scaling in four-port increments with a minimum configuration of 16 ports.
The IBM TotalStorage SAN32M-1 switch (2027-232) is designed to provide workgroup and departmental Fibre Channel SAN capability. The 2 Gb/sec SAN32M-1 offers up to 32 non-blocking ports, which may be configured with either shortwave or longwave optics, and support for FCP and FICON environments.
For specific configuration support dates and other details on availability, server models, operating system levels, and attachment capabilities, consult the product Web site. Support for some configurations may not be available on the initial availability date.
For specific availability dates, configuration options, server models, operating systems levels, and attachment capabilities, refer to http://www.ibm.com/totalstorage/SAN/m-type
Planned availability date
October 15, 2004
At a glance
The TotalStorage SAN m-type family of enterprise director and switch products offer:
· 2 Gb Fibre Channel, high-availability connectivity technology
· Enterprise Fabric Connectivity (EFC) Management that includes â€ścall-homeâ€ť and simple network management protocol (SNMP) alerts, e-mail notification, and support for up to 48 SAN m-type directors and switches across a private LAN
· In-band management with Open Systems Management Server features
· FICON in-band management support with the FICON In-Band Management Server feature
· SANtegrity security for FICON cascading support
· SAN140M director (2027-140): from 16 to 140 non-blocking Fibre Channels ports, in 12 U rack space, and support for FCP and FICON environments
· SAN32M-1 switch (2027-232): from 8- to 32-port non-blocking Fibre Channel ports, in 1.5 U rack space, and support for FCP and FICON environments
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: YE001