Digital AV Distribution System features 4K support.
March 5, 2013 -
Built to meet HD and analog AV distribution requirements for large commercial facilities, 64 x 64 DigitalMedia™ Switcher accepts, manages, and distributes 64 AV sources of virtually any signal type over Cat5e wire or fiber. System features hot-swappable modular blade I/O expansion system, 15 in. color touchscreen, and built-in web server that enables full operation and monitoring through any web browser. Applications include stadiums, arenas, university campuses, and corporate enterprises.
|Original Press release |
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
15 Volvo Dr.
Rockleigh, NJ, 07647
Crestron 64X64 DigitalMedia(TM) Switcher Begins Shipping Today
Largest Capacity DM® Switcher Yet Features 4K Support, All-New Blade I/O Expansion and Built-In Touch Screen for Easy Setup of Large-scale Digital AV Networks
Rockleigh, NJ, – Crestron today announced the release of the new 64X64 DigitalMedia™ switcher, the newest and most powerful addition to its family of industry-leading digital AV networking solutions. Crestron DigitalMedia™ is the world's only complete, engineered digital AV distribution solution and the most extensive audio/video networking platform ever developed. The 64X64 DigitalMedia switcher (DM-MD64X64) is built to meet high-definition and analog AV distribution requirements for large commercial facilities such as stadiums, arenas, university campuses, and corporate enterprises.
The largest capacity DM switcher to date accepts, manages and distributes 64 AV sources of virtually any signal type across long and short distances over a Cat5e wire or fiber - all on a single platform. In addition to increased capacity, the 64X64 DM® switcher delivers valuable new system features including an innovative modular blade I/O expansion system and a built-in 15" color touch screen.
• 4K Ultra HD Resolution Distribution - 4K is here and only Crestron offers a 4K compliant switcher that enables the highest quality resolutions from displays and projectors.
• 15" Front Panel Display & Video Processor - 15" front panel preview monitor and touch screen delivers simplified configuration and diagnostics for improved management.
• Built-in Web server - You can even access remotely from the Internet. The built-in Web server enables full operation and monitoring through any web browser, no custom software needed.
"DM is a full and ever-expanding product line that is constantly evolving to meet the demanding requirements of the world's top organizations and facilities, The new 64X64 system is just the next step in that evolution," said Fred Bargetzi, Crestron VP of Technology.
• All 64 inputs and 64 outputs support HDMI®, DM 8G+™, HDBaseT™, DM 8G® Fiber and DM 8G Single-Mode Fiber signals
• New hot-swappable modular blade I/O expansion system - makes it easy to configure, modify, and upgrade a DM system in the field, giving you the ability to make changes to the system as requirements change.
• Hot swappable redundant power supplies for maximum uptime
• Compliments and seamlessly integrates with the entire DigitalMedia™ family of switchers, offering the largest selection of configurations
• Same compact size as our 32x32 DM switcher, same rack space, double the capacity. Advanced blade technology optimizes space while allowing exponential scalability.
To learn more about how the 64X64 DigitalMedia Switcher can take your digital AV network performance to new heights, visit www.crestron.com/digitalmedia.
To get all the latest news, information and product updates subscribe to our blog, "Like" us on Facebook® and follow us on Twitter®.
Public Relations Manager
Phone: 201.767.3400 x10439
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
15 Volvo Drive
Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647