Data Management Software handles disparate enterprise sources.January 14, 2013 -
Aiding management of enterprise data sources, Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) v6.0 provides capabilities for data discovery, Solix Application Portfolio Management, and integrations with heterogeneous platforms. Process-driven UI helps identify PII, PCI, and PHI data elements using built-in and custom search patterns, while retention management and legal hold capabilities aid regulation compliance. Data masking capabilities are included, and compression rate is over 90%.
Solix Technologies, Inc. Announces Availability of Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite 6.0
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Solix Technologies, Inc
4500 Great America Parkway, Ste. 120
Santa Clara, CA, 95054
Press release date: January 10, 2013
Expands data discovery, integrates with SAP Sybase IQ and ASE, achieves 90% compression and lowers cost for data management
Santa Clara, CA – Solix Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise data management solutions, today announced the release of Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) 6.0. The new release includes expanded capabilities for data discovery, Solix Application Portfolio Management (APM) and integrations with heterogeneous platforms like Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), Oracle TimesTen, SAP Sybase IQ, and SAP Sybase ASE. This release provides simplified user experience, helps meet various industry regulation requirements, and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) associated with managing disparate enterprise data sources.
The new features in this release include:
• New look-n-feel and intuitive user interface to simplify user tasks
• Data Discovery with process driven UI to identify PII, PCI, and PHI data elements using built-in and custom search patterns
• Alternative data migration strategy for retiring legacy applications without being limited by legacy hardware
• Expanded retention management and legal hold capabilities to meet industry or country specific regulations
• Expanded on-the-fly data masking capabilities for database platforms like Microsoft SQLServer
• Integrated data management platform for SAP Sybase IQ and SAP Sybase ASE databases
• Over 90% compression rate for archived data, significantly reducing storage costs
• Integration with additional data sources on Mainframe and in-memory database Oracle TimesTen
• Seamless and unified data access to archived data in traditional RDBMS, columnar data stores, compressed archive files, and WORM storage like Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) using Solix APM
“The new release brings down the cost and complexity of managing production and legacy applications with simplified data management processes and at the same time secures heterogeneous non-production databases with on-the-fly data masking to ensure data breaches are prevented and compliance requirements are met.”, said Raghu Kodali, Vice President of Products, Solix Technologies.
Solix EDMS 6.0 is available immediately.
About Solix Technologies:
Solix Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of Enterprise Data Management solutions for public and private clouds. Solix data growth solutions help businesses improve application performance, reduce storage costs and meet compliance and data privacy requirements by achieving Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) goals. The Solix Cloud provides a pay-as-you-go model for database archiving and application retirement. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS) enables organizations to implement Database Archiving, Test Data Management (Data Subsetting), Data Masking and Application Retirement across all enterprise data. Solix Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and operates worldwide through an established network of value added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators.
Visit Solix Technologies on the web at http://www.solix.com and follow Solix on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/solixedms) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/solixtechnologies).
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.