CompactPCI SBC supports Freescale 8-core P4080 processor.July 2, 2012 -
Available in conduction- or air-cooled versions, 6U XCalibur1600 utilizes 8 Power Architecture e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, making it suitable for high-end military, communications, and industrial applications. Unit provides up to 16 GB DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in 2 channels, 512 MB NOR flash with redundancy, and 64 GB of CPU NAND flash. SBC provides 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports, x4 PCIe to XMC sites, up to 4 SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 2 RS-232/422/485 serial ports.
X-ES Introduces 6U CompactPCI SBC Targeting Freescale Eight-Core P4080 Processor
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES)
3225 Deming Way
Middleton, WI, 53562
Press release date: June 19, 2012
Middleton, WI - Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) introduces the XCalibur1600, a 6U CompactPCI Single Board Computer (SBC) supporting Freescale QorIQ P4080 processor. Available in either conduction- or air-cooled versions, the XCalibur1600 utilizes the eight Power Architecture e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, making it an ideal solution for high-end military, communications, and industrial applications.
The XCalibur1600 feature-set include:
· Conduction- or air-cooled 6U CompactPCI SBC
· Supports Freescale QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors
· Stock processor:
- Eight-core Freescale P4080 processor with eight PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
· Alternate processors configurations:
- P4040 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P3041 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit PowerPC e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit PowerPC e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
· Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
· Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
· Up to 64 GB of CPU NAND flash
· Up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash (optional)
· Three Gigabit Ethernet ports
· x4 PCI Express to XMC sites
· Up to four SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
· Two USB 2.0 ports
· Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
· XAUI to XMC site
· Two PrPMC/XMC interfaces
· In-house X-ES operating system support includes:
- Green Hills INTEGRITY Board Support Package (BSP)
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Linux BSP
The XCalibur1600 joins the X-ES Freescale P4080 line of products which also includes the XPedite5430, a 3U CompactPCI module, the XPedite5470, a 3U VPX SBC, and the XPedite5400 and the XPedite5401 PMC/XMC modules.
About X-ES - Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A. based company, designs and builds single-board computers, I/O boards, power supplies, backplanes, chassis, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.
Data Sheet: http://www.xes-inc.com/assets/products/files/XCalibur1600-DS.pdf
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.