Cable Testers utilize TDR technology.
March 6, 2014 -
Made for testing coaxial, network, or telephone cables, Commander™ Series enables professionals to determine status of each wire in data, PoE, or communications/video system. Testers can verify shielding and identify wire faults including miswire, open, short, split-pair, and reverse pair. Using Time Domain Reflectometry technology, units can measure cable length and distance to fault. Users can detect, identify, and test Power over Ethernet as well as perform active network testing.
Klein Tools Expands Its Voice/Data/Video Cable Tester Line
Klein Tools, Inc.
450 Bond St.
Lincolnshire, IL, 60069
Press release date: March 5, 2014
Cable testers include test, location, identification, measurement, PoE and reporting features
Lincolnshire, IL — Klein Tools (http://www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, expands its innovative Voice/Data/Video product line with its new full-featured Commander™ Series testers. This high-end product has extensive cable testing capabilities, TDR technology for distance to a fault measurement, Power over Ethernet (PoE) detection and testing, link status and capabilities, as well as report management functionality. With one tool, professionals can confidently determine the status of each wire in a data, PoE or communications/video system.
Klein Tools’ Commander Series is made specifically for testing of coaxial, network or telephone cables. The Commander Series consists of two kits: The Commander™ Test Kit (VDV501-828) and the Commander™ Test & Tone Kit (VDV501-829). Product capabilities include:
• Test coaxial, data (RJ45) and telephone (RJ11) cables
- Identify wire faults including miswire, open, short, split-pair, reverse pair and verify shielding
- Wiremap - displayed in color per TIA-568A/B industry standard
• Measure cable length and distance to a fault with Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) technology
• Detect, identify and test Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Locate and identify cables with Location ID remotes for data and coaxial cables
• Test and identify location in one step with Test-n-Map™ ID Remote for data and telephone cables
• Identify a hub or switch or visually locate cable runs with Link Light
• Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with Tone Generator (requires an analog tone tracing probe included in test & tone kit)
• Perform active network (Ethernet) testing – detect link speeds and capabilities
• Save, export and print up to 256 cable or network tests
“Our customers were looking for a comprehensive product that included all the necessary tests and functions to complete a high-end voice/data/video installation, without the big price tag of a ‘certifier’,” states Chris Niklas, product manager at Klein Tools. “Klein Tools’ new Commander Series has complete cable testing capabilities, accurate cable measurements, PoE detection, cable location and ID, tone generator, Link Light, active network testing, and even room for hundreds of test reports.”
For kit details or more information visit our website at www.kleintools.com or contact your local distributor.
Klein is a registered trademark of Klein Tools, Inc.
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.