Product News: Test & Measuring Instruments
Benchtop Reflectance Probe is suited for mineral analysis.
Press Release Summary:
January 23, 2013 - Used in mining exploration and production applications, benchtop reflectance probe provides geologists and field researchers with hands-free measurement across 350–2,500 nm spectral range. External SMA-905 port and power connector negate threading set up, and sapphire window lends to operational durability. Used for qualitative and quantitative analysis, product works with all SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers and has built-in 5 W tungsten halogen source with user-replaceable probe.
Original Press Release
Easy to Set Up and Use Benchtop Reflectance Probe is Ideal for Mineral Analysis
Press release date: January 17, 2013
Works with all SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers for mining exploration and production applications.
Lawrence, MA – A leader in field portable, full range (UV/VIS/NIR) spectrometers for mobile mineral identification and analysis in both mining exploration and production, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION introduces its benchtop reflectance probe. The probe is ideal for qualitative and quantitative analysis in the core logging shack or the lab. It provides geologists and field researchers with hands-free measurement across the spectral range from 350 – 2500nm.
The benchtop reflectance probe delivers easy to use sample analysis for identifying:
• Iron oxide minerals
• Al(OH) group minerals
• MH4 minerals
• FE(OH) group minerals
• Mg(OH) group
• Carbonate group
• OH-bearing silicates
• Selected Zn silicates/phosphates
• Selected zeolites
• Selected rare earth element (REE) bearing minerals
• Selected sulphides
The benchtop reflectance probe features:
• Hands-free measurement at 350-2500nm
• “No threading” set up with external SMA-905 port and power connector
• Built-in 5 watt tungsten halogen source with user-replaceable probe
• Compatibility with all SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers
• Sapphire window for durable performance
The benchtop reflectance probe can be ordered separately or as part of a SPECTRAL EVOLUTION mining bundle. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION’s spectrometers, which include the PSM-3500, SM-3500 and specTERRA deliver mobile mineral analysis from the outcrop to the core shack. These mining spectrometers are:
• Small and lightweight
• Full range UV/VIS/NIR with photodiode array detectors
• Fast with a high signal to noise ratio for better reflectance values
• Immediate start-up and operation with no optimization step
• Available for use with a laptop or handheld Getac PS236 PDA for true single user operation
• Equipped with the benchtop probe or a handheld mineral contact probe
• Shipped with DARWin SP Data Acquisition software that automatically saves data as ASCII compatible file for use with SpecMIN, GRAMS, or TSG software
For more information on the benchtop reflectance probe and all our mining accessories, please visit: http://www.spectralevolution.com/mining_accessories.html
To find out about our field portable spectrometers for mining, visit:
Call us at: 978-687-1833 or email email@example.com
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION maintains a facility in Lawrence, Massachusetts which houses design, prototyping, manufacturing and service facilities for the instruments that it markets and sells worldwide, either through direct sales, OEM sales or through distributor agents.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA