Automated Machine cones and threads tubing and nipples.
May 21, 2013 -
Mounted on mobile cart, Coning and Threading Machine cones and threads high-pressure tubing and nipples for applications from 15,200–152,000 psi. Machine offers single-ended operation, coning blades manufactured from hardened tool steel, and fully enclosed cabinet. Selector knob lets operator dial in tubing size, automatically setting correct thread length for accelerated setup. Coning and threading are done in sequential operations controlled by single lever with hand wheel assist.
Automation has Reached the High Pressure Industry with Maxpro's Newest Product Addition
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
MAXPRO Technologies, Inc.
7728 Klier Dr. South
Fairview, PA, 16415
Press release date: May 20, 2013
Automation has reached the high pressure industry with Maxpro’s newest product addition, the Coning and Threading Machine. Precision cutting blades combine with the latest technology to produce the fastest and most accurate method to cone and thread high pressure tubing and nipples for high pressure applications (15,200 psi to 152,000 psi.) The Coning and Threading Machine is featured on the Maxpro website with a video that fully describes all of its features, clearly demonstrating the easy, single ended operation of the unit. For related industries, this machine plays an important part in decreasing overall production time.
Some of its unique features include:
• Selector knob allows the operator to “dial in” the tubing size to be coned and threaded. This automatically sets the correct thread length for faster set up.
• Coning blades are manufactured from high quality hardened tool steel for long service life, and are easily installed.
• Both coning and threading are done in sequential operations controlled by the single lever with hand wheel assist. No need to remove the tube for each operation once tightened into the collet.
• Capable of 4” straight length coning and threading operation 1/4” OD thru 1” medium and high pressure tubing.
• Die head resets automatically after threading during the full retract stroke
• Safe operation - fully enclosed cabinet eliminates pinch points and the Polycarbonate cover protects the operator from cutting oil and metal chips.
• Cutting oil is filtered and returned to reservoir
• Removable chip drum for easy cleanup, with locking lid for secure, no mess shipping
• The Coning and Threading Machine is mounted on an industrial duty mobile cart which offers convenient and generous tool storage and a large chip collection/cutting oil system.
• Coning and Threading Machines are now available with CE Mark.
See the Maxpro Technologies Coning and Threading Machine in action at www.maxprotech.com under “New Products.”