All-in-One Desktop PC includes TPM 1.2 compliant security chip.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
HP Pairs Style, Performance in New All-in-one Desktop
Hewlett-Packard Co. (Corporate Headquarters)
3000 Hanover St.
Palo Alto, CA, 94304-1185, USA
PALO ALTO, Calif., - HP today expanded its Elite business desktop portfolio with the industry's first all-in-one PC that integrates the power of Intel® second-generation Core(TM) vPro technology(1) to deliver up to 40 percent better performance, 15 percent faster hard drive access(2) and reduced downtime via remote IT management.
Ideal for enterprise, midmarket and public sector customers, the sleek, space-saving HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One Business Desktop offers robust performance, enterprise security and remote management features, as well as integrated collaboration tools that allow businesses to connect to coworkers at the office, across town or on the other side of the globe.
"Another industry first in our Elite desktop family demonstrates our commitment to engineering excellence and underscores our global leadership in secure, enterprise computing," said Jeff Groudan, director, Commercial Desktop Marketing, HP. "The HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One delivers outstanding hardware and software innovation to move the needle in the all-in-one category."
Sleek, flexible design and virtual collaboration tools for business
Featuring an expansive 23-inch diagonal full high-definition(3) LED monitor, the HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One includes an integrated webcam,(4) microphone and speakers for streamlined remote face-to-face communication. SRS Premium Sound is included to deliver a refined audio experience complete with immersive surround sound. It also comes with a one-year HP Virtual Rooms license,(5) allowing businesses to conduct presentations, team meetings, training events and classes in an easy-to-use online conference center.
HP Elite customer support for consistent quality and reliability
The HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One comes with a standard three-year warranty for parts, labor and next-day, on-site service. It delivers premium customer support through HP Total Care and HP Care Pack Services,(6) and offers extended service contracts that go beyond standard warranties to help maximize return on investment.
Customers also can rely on the recently introduced HP Elite Premium Support,(7) which employs a dedicated staff of Elite-accredited technical professionals to provide fast
and in-depth problem resolution for the HP Elite family of products.
Intelligent performance, built-in security, maximum configurability
The first all-in-one addition to the HP Compaq 8200 Elite Desktop Series, the HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One supports the latest Intel processors and Intel Q67 Express chipset(1) to intelligently maximize computing performance. It also utilizes Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0(8) and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology to improve integrated graphics multitasking.(9)
Easy to deploy and manage, the new HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One is equipped with Intel Standard Manageability and HP BIOS features, as well as Intel vPro technology to enable remote PC management and issue resolution.
The HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One also features an array of advanced HP Elite-class security tools to help protect critical business data, including a standard embedded TPM 1.2 compliant security chip for hardware-based encryption, as well as increased personal encryption through HP's full suite of HP ProtectTools,(10) including HP DriveLock, HP Digitalpass and HP Face Recognition.
For enterprise customers looking for maximum configurability, data storage and file sharing flexibility, the HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One supports up to 8 GB(11) of DDR3 SDRAM PC3-1333 system memory and includes two memory slots, a mini PCI Express (PCIe) slot and a drive bay. It also offers expanded Solid State Drive (SSD) capacity options for faster data access, quieter and cooler operation, and greater durability than standard hard drives.
Elite-standard energy efficiency for a reduced carbon footprint
The HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One is ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® Silver registered and offers an 89 percent efficient power supply. It also comes preinstalled with HP Power Assistant,(12) is enabled with S3 sleep settings mode and features a holistic thermal design with temperature sensors, fan acceleration and power management settings.
Pricing and availability
The HP Compaq 8200 Elite All-in-One Business PC starts at $999 and is available now in the United States.(13)
HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite qualifies for Microsoft software support
HP also recently announced that the HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite is now qualified under the Microsoft® Compatible Devices Program, supporting versions of Office Communications Server R2 and Lync Server 2010. Additional information is available at http://technet.microsoft.com/lyncdevices.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows® required.
(2) PCMark05 performance benchmark and comparison testing performed on a similarly configured HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF and HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. Performance profiles: PCMark05 done with the "as shipped" defaults. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed. Power benchmark and comparison testing performed on a similarly configured HP Compaq dc7900 SFF and HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF. Power profiles: power measurements were done with the "as shipped" defaults. Power measurements for idle, off and sleep/standby were conducted per ENERGY STAR guidelines. Actual results may vary based on system configuration and performance will vary over time depending on software installed.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) Requires internet access.
(5) Virtual Room plan will expire in 365 days after activation. Internet access required. Annual or month-to-month plans are available for purchase at www.hp.com/go/connectsolutions. Retain the serial number as lost serial numbers cannot be retrieved by HP.
(6) Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on geographic location. Restrictions and limitations apply. Service starts at date of hardware purchase. Details are available at www.hp.com/go/carepack.
(7) Available in North America only.
(8) Intel Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost capability. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. More information is available at www.intel.com/technology/turboboost.
(9) Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT) is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and requires a computer system with a processor supporting HT and an HT-enabled chipset, BIOS and OS. Contact software provider to determine compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of HT. More information is available at www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading.
(10) HP ProtectTools requires Microsoft Windows.
(11) Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
(12) HP Power Assistant may not be available in all regions. Use of this application is not required. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Requires Microsoft Windows.
(13) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Core are registered trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.