PMI gives back with service day in Santa Rosa, CA.
Press Release Summary:
June 21, 2012 - Prior to start of PMI Spring Conference, members and staff volunteered for day of service at the Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County's ReStore retail outlet. PMI team assisted with pricing products, moving displays, and cleaning merchandise, while learning about mission of Habitat for Humanity. In addition to putting together build day event, PMI also will make financial donation to Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County to help support their vision for affordable housing.
Original Press Release
Plumbing Manufacturers International Gives Back with a Service Day in Santa Rosa, Calif.
Press release date: June 5, 2012
The volunteer group included;
· PMI Technical Director Len Swatkowski and his wife Betty,
· PMI Board Member C.J. Lagan, senior manager, compliance engineering for American Standard Brands and his wife Trudy;
· Debbie Drury, director of brand communications for American Standard Brands;
· Kris Alderson, senior marketing manager and Dale Gallmann, manager, corporate codes compliance, both from Bradley Corporation.
The volunteers received on-site guidance and supervision from Thomas Gonzalez, the ReStore store manager. In addition to putting together the build day event, PMI also will make a financial donation to Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County to help support their vision for affordable housing.
A group of Sonoma County residents who wanted to end poverty housing formed the affiliate in 1984. As an all-volunteer organization with limited resources, the affiliate focused on rehabilitating existing housing for low-income households. The proceeds from the ReStore support the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County.
For more information about Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County, please visit www.habitatsoco.org.
Plumbing Manufacturers International is the voluntary, not-for-profit international industry association of manufacturers of plumbing products, serving as the Voice of the Plumbing Industry. Member companies produce a substantial quantity of the world's plumbing products.
For more information on PMI, contact the association at 1921 Rohlwing Road, Unit G, Rolling Meadows, IL, 60008; tel.: 847-481-5500; fax: 847-481-5501. Visit www.pmihome.org.
PMI Mission Statement:
· To promote the water efficiency, health, safety, quality and environmental sustainability of plumbing products, while maximizing consumer choice and value in a fair and open marketplace.
· To provide a forum for the exchange of information and industry education.
· To represent openly the members' interests and advocate for sound environmental and public health policies in the regulatory/legislative processes.
· To enhance the plumbing industry's growth and expansion.
Barbara C. Higgens, executive director, Plumbing Manufacturers International, email@example.com, 847-481-5500