connectBlue's Ethernet Port Adapters and Access Point Now UL/cUL Listed
150 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1950
Chicago, IL, 60601
Press release date: September 17, 2013
connectBlue® today announced the UL (Underwriters Laboratories) listing of connectBlue's Bluetooth Access Point and Bluetooth / Wireless LAN (WLAN) Ethernet Port Adapters. The UL/cUL approval makes it possible to use these products in hazardous environments.
UL (Underwriters Laboratories) sets safety standards, tests, and provides certification for a wide range of products. The UL/cUL listing mark certifies that the complete product has been tested by UL according to set safety standards in the US and Canada and found it to be free from risk of fire, electric shock and related hazards.
"The UL listing expands the possible use cases of our acclaimed Bluetooth Access Point and Bluetooth / Wireless LAN Ethernet Port Adapters," says Rolf Nilsson, CEO of connectBlue. "The use of these products can now be expanded into applications in hazardous environments such as in the oil & gas and chemical industries."
The connectBlue rugged wireless devices that are now UL listed include the following:
• Rugged Bluetooth Access Point RBE221s is a Bluetooth PAN access point which connects up to seven Bluetooth devices to the Ethernet network and has an external antenna, IP65-classed housing and a range of 300 meters. Embedded Bluetooth stack with PAN profile, roles PANU and NAP.
• Rugged Bluetooth Ethernet Port Adapter RBE231i is a Bluetooth PAN client or bridge for Ethernet cable replacement using Bluetooth v2.1+EDR and has integrated antenna, IP65-classed housing and a range of 1000m).
• Wireless LAN Rugged Ethernet Port Adapter RWE231i is a WLAN client or bridge for Ethernet cable replacement using IEEE 802.11 b, g, n (2.4GHz) and has integrated antenna, IP65-classed housing and a range of 400 meters.
• Wireless LAN Rugged Ethernet Port Adapter RWE241i is a WLAN client or bridge for Ethernet cable replacement using IEEE 802.11 a, n (5GHz) and has integrated antenna, IP65-classed housing and a range of 200 meters.
• Wireless LAN Rugged Ethernet Port Adapter RWE251s is a WLAN client or bridge for Ethernet cable replacement using IEEE 802.11 a, b, g, n (dual-band) and has an external antenna, IP65-classed housing and a range of 400 meters.
More specifically, the connectBlue products have been investigated according to the following requirements:
- Investigated using requirements contained in UL508, standard for Industrial Control Equipment, 17th Edition.
- Investigated using requirements contained in ANSI/ISA 12.12.01-2012, Nonincendive Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I and II, Division 2 and Class III, Division 1 and 2 Hazardous (Classified) Locations, Approved July 9, 2012.
- Investigated using requirements contained in CSA-C22.2 No.142-M87
- Investigated using requirements contained in Canadian Standards C22.2 No. 213-M1987 "Non-incendive Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations".
connectBlue® is a leading provider of robust Industrial and Medical wireless solutions, designed and tested for the most demanding applications and environments. Based on Classic Bluetooth technology, Bluetooth low energy technology, Wireless LAN (WLAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee, connectBlue provides ready-to-use products and modules as well as custom design solutions. connectBlue has its head office in Sweden and local offices in Germany and USA. For more information, please visit www.connectblue.com.
connectBlue® is a registered trademark of connectBlue AB.
For further information
connectBlue – Americas:
connectBlue – Asia-Pacific:
connectBlue – Europe, Middle East & Africa: