Cleaning/Contamination Testing Center to offer free seminars.
Press Release Summary:
January 18, 2013 - Organized by IPC and National Physical Laboratory, Cleaning and Contamination Testing Center at IPC APEX EXPO® will provide guidance to visitors looking to implement effective cleaning and contamination monitoring processes and overcome reliability issues. In addition to troubleshooting problems and dispensing advice, Center staff will offer mini-seminars on issues such as cleaning equipment installation requirements, CAF failure and defect analysis, and PCB contamination measurement.
Original Press Release
Cleaning and Contamination Testing Center at IPC APEX EXPO Offers Free Mini Seminars
Press release date: January 17, 2013
In addition to troubleshooting problems and dispensing knowledgeable advice, expert Center staff will offer a series of seminar presentations on a wide variety of issues pertaining to printed board cleanliness, including cleaning equipment installation requirements, CAF failure and defect analysis, PCB contamination measurement and more.
The 20-minute mini seminars presented by Bob Willis, NPL, and additional members of the Cleaning Center team, will run Tuesday, February 19–Thursday, February 21, 2013, on the following cleaning and contamination topics:
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
• 12:00 pm – Cleaning and Contamination Failures: Causes and Cures (NPL)
• 2:00 pm – Cleaning Under Low Stand Off Components (Kyzen)
• 3:00 pm – Testing Printed Board Assemblies for Cleanliness (Aqueous Technologies)
• 4:00 pm – How to Use Ion Chromatography for Cleanliness Testing (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
• 12:00 pm – Evaluating a Cleaning Process Performance (Ascentech LLC - Gen3)
• 2:00 pm – Reliability of Flux Residues Under Low Stand Off Devices (Indium Corporation)
• 3:00 pm – Cleaning Package on Package Assemblies (Zestron America)
Thursday, February 21, 2013
• 11:00 am – Conductive Anodic Filament CAF Failures and Defect Analysis (NPL)
• 12:00 pm -- Testing Adhesion of Conformal Coatings and Failures (NPL)
• 1:00 pm -- Testing Components for Cleaning Process Compatibility (NPL)
Seminar materials which include presentation slides will be made available to attendees who register at the Center. In addition to the seminar presentations, the Center will offer live testing, prize drawings for cleaning standards and a display of cleaning books and test boards available for industry.
For more information on the Center and other activities at IPC APEX EXPO, including the exhibition with more than 400 of the indsutry's top suppliers, the technical conference, standards development meetings and professional development courses, visit www.IPCAPEXEXPO.org. Access to the exhibit hall and Center is free to pre-registrants, a savings of $25 on-site. Individuals who register by January 25 for any of the event’s paid activities will save 20 percent off registration fees. Registration packages offering additional savings can be viewed at www.IPCAPEXEXPO.org/registration-options.
IPC (www.IPC.org) is a global industry association based in Bannockburn, Ill., dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its 3,300 member companies which represent all facets of the electronics industry, including design, printed board manufacturing, electronics assembly and test. As a member-driven organization and leading source for industry standards, training, market research and public policy advocacy, IPC supports programs to meet the needs of an estimated $2.02 trillion global electronics industry. IPC maintains additional offices in Taos, N.M.; Arlington, Va.; Stockholm, Sweden; Moscow, Russia; Bangalore, India; Bangkok, Thailand; and Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing, China.