Xilinx and Its Ecosystem Demonstrate All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Vision and Connected Control at Embedded World 2014
2100 Logic Dr.
San Jose, CA, 95124 3400
Press release date: February 13, 2014
Numerous demonstrations of Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs, smart IP, and Vivado high level design abstractions for automotive and industrial applications
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its extensive ecosystem will demonstrate All Programmable Embedded Solutions for Smarter Systems at Embedded World 2014. Through a series of conference papers and in-booth demonstrations, Xilinx and its Alliance Members will highlight how Zynq® All Programmable SoCs are enabling smarter embedded systems in a broad set of applications deploying smarter vision and connected control. To learn more, visit the Xilinx Stand 1-205 at Embedded World, February 25-27, at the Nuremburg Exhibition Hall in Nuremburg, Germany.
Xilinx Demonstrations - Stand 1-205
All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Vision Applications
- Supercomputing Systems (SCS) Real-time Stereo Vision - Demonstration showcases a development system for stereo camera Advanced Driver Assistance Systems based on the Zynq All Programmable SoC. Geared toward the development of image analytics, this system demonstrates image rectification and disparity calculations on stereo imagers to map location and the distance of forward objects.
- Embedded Vision Systems (eVS) Real-time Vehicle Detection Image Processing - Demonstration shows the feasibility of building block IP from eVS for use in advanced object identification and tracking on the Zynq All Programmable SoC by implementing algorithms to identify and highlight other vehicles using a graphical overlay.
- Xylon Head Detection and Facial Features Tracking - Demonstration implements real-time head and gaze tracking, as well as facial feature recognition, enabled by multiple real-time computer vision algorithms running in parallel on the Zynq All Programmable SoC architecture. C++ software is enhanced by hardware/software partitioning utilizing the ARM® Cortex™-A9 dual core processors and the FPGA fabric for acceleration on-board the Zynq device.
- Enhanced LogiADAK Automotive Driver Assistance Kit - Demonstration integrates five cameras into the logiADAK Driver Assistance Development platform. The remote controlled car demonstration adds a forward camera with Pedestrian Detection feature to 3D 360 degree surround view capability. Multi-camera and multi-mode advanced driver assistance features are implemented on a single Zynq All Programmable SoC device.
- Real-time Sensor Fusion on a Single Chip - Joint Xilinx and Xylon Sensor Fusion demonstration, on the Zynq ZC702 All Programmable SoC, blends two sensor images into one and enables viewers to make faster and more reliable decisions. This innovative technology can be paired with OpenCV and Xilinx's Vivado® HLS tools to create highly advanced analytics, which can reduce false alarms.
- High Bandwidth Machine Vision - Demonstration showcases two video streams transferred with different high-speed protocols for machine vision cameras and frame grabbers that are enabled by the Xilinx® 7 Series FPGA and SoC devices. Sensor to Image supports GigEVision 2.0 and CoaXPress IPs and software stacks that enables video transfer rates over 10Gb per second.
All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Connected Control Applications
- EtherCAT Fast Drive - Demonstration showcases an integrated drive system with multi-axis motor control and EtherCAT networking. A single chip Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC solution implemented by QDesys delivers high performance, low torque ripple motor drive with less than 62.5 microsecond cycle time.
- Reliable and Dependable Industrial Ethernet - Xilinx and SOC-e will demonstrate reliable and fault-tolerant Ethernet communications with precision timing for energy market applications, implementing the Seamless Redundancy Protocol and Parallel Redundancy Protocol in the Zynq All Programmable SoC.
- UltraScale Architecture ASIC-Class Advantage - Demonstration will showcase the Kintex® UltraScale™ device, the industry's first 20nm FPGA. It will highlight how to leverage key architectural enhancements such as next generation DSPs for greater processing bandwidth, hardened memory cascading for increased performance and reduced power, and improved ASIC-like clocking architecture for scalability and performance.
Additional All Programmable Demonstrations
- Integrated Spectrum Analyzer Reference Design - Demonstration showcases a single chip reference design for analog data acquisition, accelerated Digital Signal Processing and data display. By utilizing Zynq All Programmable SoCs and Xilinx reference designs, users can decrease their time to market and BOM.0
- Design Abstractions for HW and SW Development - Demonstration showcases a comprehensive design methodology enabling accelerated and predictable design cycles by using the Vivado Design Suite including IP Integrator, Vivado HLS, Software Development Kit, and Linux deployment with PetaLinux.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 9:30 - 11 a.m., Conference Center East Entrance
- De-Mystifying FPGAs for Software Engineers
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10 - 11 a.m., Conference Center East Entrance
- De-Mystifying HW SW Design Partitioning will All Programmable SoCs
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
This year, 32 Xilinx Alliance Program members comprised of IP providers, EDA vendors, embedded software providers, system integrators, and hardware suppliers will showcase Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their booths including:
- AF Inventions - Hall - HEITEC AG - Hall
- AimValley B.V. - Hall - IXXAT Automation GmbH
5-452 - Hall 1-540
- Analog Devices - Hall - KW-Software - Hall
- ARM - Hall 4-350 - Lauterback GmbH -
- Blue Pearl - Hall 5-481 - LDRA - Hall 4-526
- CAST - Hall 2-659 - MathWorks - Hall
- CoSynth GmbH & Co. KG - - Missing Link
Hall 4-135 Electronics GmbH - Hall 5-250
- DAVE - Hall 4-559 - National Instruments
- Hall 4-426
- dSPACE GmbH - Hall - NetModule GmbH - Hall
- ELEC Elekronik AG - - PLDA - Hall 1-100
- Enclustra GmbH - Hall - Port GmbH - Hall
- Enea Software AB – Hall - Silica -Hall 4A-128
- eSOL Co., Ltd. – Hall - SYSGO AG - Hall 5-371
- Ethernet POWERLINK - - TED - Hall 1-208
- Express Logic - Hall - TOPIC Embedded
5-340 Systems B.V. - Hall
- GOPEL Electronic GmbH - - Trenz Electronic GmbH
Hall 4-637 - Hall 1-208
About Xilinx All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Systems
Xilinx All Programmable solutions for smarter systems includes a combination of Vivado C and IP based design tools and libraries (e.g. OpenCV for smarter vision), smart IP from both the ecosystem and from Xilinx SmartCORE™ IP portfolio, and Xilinx's All Programmable FPGAs, 3D ICs, and SoCs with embedded ARM based sub-systems . A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design. To learn more about Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems visit: www.xilinx.com/applications/smarter-systems/index.htm
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2014 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM and Cortex are trademarks of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
Web Site: http://www.xilinx.com