World of Asphalt and AGG1 to offer 90+ learning sessions.December 14, 2012 -
Attendees at co-located 2013 World of Asphalt Show and Conference and AGG1 Aggregates Academy and Expo can take advantage of more than 90 learning opportunities to explore industry innovations and best practices, with emphasis on practical, real-world information and strategies. Attendees will gain a more well-rounded knowledge of the technological, regulatory, safety and operational/management trends affecting their ability to run efficient and profitable businesses.
Education at 2013 World of Asphalt and AGG1: Real-world Solutions to Improve Productivity, Profit Margins
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Association of Equipment Manufacturers
6737 West Washington St., Ste. 2400
Milwaukee, WI, 53214
Press release date: December 12, 2012
90-plus learning sessions offered; New asphalt environment, health and safety conference co-locates
Attendees at the 2013 World of Asphalt and AGG1 exhibitions can take advantage of more than 90 learning opportunities to explore industry innovations and best practices, with the emphasis on practical, real-world information and strategies.
Attendees will gain a more well-rounded knowledge of the technological, regulatory, safety and operational/management trends affecting their ability to run efficient and profitable businesses.
“Continuous-learning is key for business and professional success; that’s why the shows offer a broad range of education as a fundamental industry service,” stated Show Manager Rich Prausa.
“AGG1 and World of Asphalt are an affordable investment with lasting value for attendees and their companies - convenient access to so much industry education and networking, and the latest product technologies on the show floor (already at record size!),” added Prausa.
The co-located AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo and World of Asphalt Show & Conference will be held March 19-21, 2013 in San Antonio, Texas at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, focused on the aggregates, asphalt, pavement maintenance and traffic safety sectors.
New streamlined education ticket purchase procedure
New for the 2013 shows is a more flexible education ticket program that does not require attendees to pre-register for specific sessions in the AGG1 Academy and People Plants and Paving Training Program. Tickets purchased can be used for any session offered.
Advance registration open
Advance registration is open for AGG1 and World of Asphalt, with 40-percent savings on show admission for those registering by February 22, 2013.
For education, attendees receive the best value if they take advantage of early-bird pricing through December 31, 2012. Smaller education discounts are still available through February 22, 2013. Fees for multiple-session passes for AGG1 Academy and People, Plants and Paving Training Program include show admission.
New and returning education programs outlined
• New for 2013 is co-location of a first-ever conference tailored exclusively to issues of environment, health, and safety (EH&S) at the asphalt plant and paving site. “Beyond Compliance: Achieving EH&S Excellence” is set for March 18-19 just prior to show opening. Organized by NAPA-National Asphalt Pavement Association, the conference will provide practical, timely and relevant information on managing current hazards and risks in the asphalt pavement industry.
• The AGG1 Academy will offer aggregates-related sessions for aggregates producers, their suppliers and, often, their customers in four “schools”: Operations and Production; Automation, Technology and Software; Business Management; and Environment, Safety and Health, designed specifically by members of NSSGA-National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association to meet industry needs. The Academy covers virtually every aspect of the aggregates industry, ranging from 101-level classes to higher-level seminars on advanced concepts and technologies.
• The People, Plants and Paving Training Program targets paving contractors of all sizes. Sponsored by NAPA, it covers asphalt-related industry innovations over six tracks: Sustainability (how asphalt fits in), Safety (latest innovations and strategies for crew and plant operator safety), Pavement Preservation (techniques to extend pavement life), Paving (techniques for safe and smooth quality pavements at optimum efficiency and enhanced profitability), Plants (evaluating and improving plant performance for peak operating levels) and Management & Leadership (skills to help personnel reach maximum performance).
• A “Safety in the Work Zone” safety seminar will be presented by ARTBA-American Road and Transportation Builders Association. Sessions will focus on reducing work zone liabilities and preventing run-overs and back-overs, as well as instruction on using the Roadway Safety+ training program, a comprehensive safety curriculum with materials available at no charge to the transportation construction community from ARTBA.
• A “Values-Based Leadership” seminar is open to all show attendees. This is an AGG1 Academy Special Event with Charles “Charlie” Luck, IV, of Luck Companies. The seminar, which includes an interactive breakout session, is designed to unlock the potential of employees to deliver breakthrough business performance while positively impacting lives around the world.
• And, an AGG1 Operational Tour of the CEMEX Balcones Quarry and Cement Plant will highlight this top-producing quarry’s commitment to sustainability, biodiversity and energy efficiency, and its efforts to improve energy efficiency and responsibly manage the lands within and around its operation.
World of Asphalt is owned by National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) with Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA). AGG1 is owned by NSSGA. AEM produces both shows.
For more information on attending or exhibiting at AGG1 and World of Asphalt, visit www.agg1.org and www.worldofasphalt.com
Media Contact: Pat Monroe (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 414-298-4123)