Why is Manufacturing Important?
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Astro Machine Works, Inc.
P.O. Box 328
Ephrata, PA, 17522
Press release date: November 16, 2012
Manufacturing: why is manufacturing so important? What are the benefits of domestic manufacturing? Not only has the issue of reshoring become a hot topic recently, but so has the idea of manufacturing. This October marked the first "National Manufacturing Month," during which October 5th was officially "National Manufacturing Day." Additionally, reshoring, and bringing manufacturing back to the U.S., has been rampant in current events, as seen in our www.astromachineworks.com/blog/uncategorized/made-in-the-u-s-a-how-manufacturing-in-the-u-s-has-benefited-us/ .
So why is manufacturing, especially manufacturing here in the U.S., so important? Here are some reasons why we believe manufacturing is essential and beneficial to our nation, our economy, and our people:
1. Logistics: Do you need to modify or test the products throughout the production process? By working with a domestic manufacturer, your engineering groups can work with the manufacturers on a more consistent basis.
2. Turnaround time: Customers' current windows for needing items are becoming shorter. Therefore, it is essential that they receive the necessary components and products in a timely fashion. Domestic manufacturing allows for the quick turnaround-as well as the flexibility to make changes throughout the production process.
3. Quality: We are proud of our high quality materials and products.
4. Economic benefits: Manufacturing is crucial for any economy-not only does it raise employment, but it also boosts the economy.
5. Domestic pride: Manufacturing helped build up the U.S., and the need for domestic manufacturing, as opposed to importing, is becoming more apparent. Additionally, there is a higher sense of pride in "Made in the U.S.A." products.
We know, as American manufacturers, that domestic and national manufacturing is essential and important to the economy, for many reasons. Why do you think manufacturing is important?
| Featured Manufacturing Jobs