VFD and VSD Compared to Intelligent Motor Controllers with Variable VOLTAGE Drive (VVD) Capabilities as Provided by Owl Energy Technologies
Owl Energy Technologies Inc., Owl Motor Control Division
50 Columbus Ave.
Tuckahoe, NY, 10707
Press release date: February 6, 2014
Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
• Ideal when speed control is required
• Soft starter capability
• Proven Technology
Intelligent motor controllers with Variable Voltage Drive capabilities
• Ideal when load control is required; matching actual load and motor output
• Start-up spike reduction, soft start and soft-stop capability AND Energy Optimization
• Can be applied to motors without regard to their age or insulation class
• Perfect for retrofit,
• Significantly reduces the motor heat and as a result, increases the life of the motor
• Proven technology in use in thousands of installations worldwide
• An example: A water pump:
• Load is constant;
• Amount of water pumped per minute needs to change as well empties;
• VFD changes speed of motor to pump more or less water
An example: An escalator
• Load Varies
• For an escalator at start-up, the motor is moving the steps up or down.
• If the motor is 50 amps and 220 volts, only 30 amps may be needed.
• With our Intelligent motor controller installed, the reduced amperage is easily measured..
• Your motor today cannot adjust to this.
• When people start using the escalator, the load is obviously increased;
• Our Intelligent motor controller will provide the adjusted power, volts times amps, needed.
• Again, with our Intelligent motor controller installed, the amperage change is easily measured.
Owl Energy Technologies' Intelligent Motor Controllers with VVD Capabilities, Your Complete fixed speed AC motor Solution!
Please visit our Web site at http://www.owlmotorcontrol.com
| Featured Manufacturing Jobs