Ticona Gearheads to Showcase Polymer Solutions for Precision Plastic Gears at Gear Expo 2013
Ticona Engineering Polymers
8040 Dixie Hwy.
Florence, KY, 41042
Press release date: September 11, 2013
Ticona, the engineering polymers business of Celanese Corporation, is showcasing its polymer solutions for high-precision plastic gears during the American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) Gear Expo 2013 at Booth #1030 from Sept. 17 to 19 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
The Ticona exhibit will highlight polymer solutions for gear applications, including automotive, large and small appliances, industrial, electronics, medical, or home and garden.
With 40-plus years in plastic gear technology, Ticona Gearheads™ will be available at the exhibit to help attendees discover how to make gear assemblies lighter, quieter, faster, chemical and corrosion resistant, and more cost effective.
The Ticona portfolio of engineering polymers for gearing solutions includes:
• Celanex® thermoplastic polyester (PBT) - Low-friction gears
• Celstran® long fiber reinforced thermoplastics (LFRT) - Strong gears
• Fortron® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) - Heat-resistant gears
• Hostaform / Celcon® POM - Versatile gears
• Impet® thermoplastic polyester (PET) - Quiet gears · Riteflex® thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPC-ET) - Quiet gears
• Vandar® thermoplastic polyester alloys (PBT) - Quiet gears
• Vectra® / Zenite® liquid crystal polymers (LCP) - Small gears
Ticona encourages you to visit the Gears page on its website. Read how Ticona high performance specialty polymers used in plastic gears provide cost, design, processing and performance advantages over metal.
DCP Press Relations
16 Hydor Drive
Castleton, NY 12033
518-479-7632 - Office
518-428-1072 - Cell