The Chemineer Model 20 HT/GT with the RL-3 Ragless Impeller
Chemineer, Inc., A Unit of Robbins & Myers, Inc.
5870 Poe Ave., P.O. Box 1123
Dayton, OH, 45401
Press release date: July 27, 2012
Dayton, Ohio - Combining the Chemineer® Model 20 HT/GT mixer with the Chemineer RL-3(TM) impeller creates the ideal mixer for wastewater treatment plant applications. The high-efficiency gearbox of the Model 20 and the unique characteristics of the RL-3 impeller work together to eliminate downtime and maintenance costs, increase performance and extend the service life of the agitator.
The Chemineer RL-3 ragless impeller is designed to prevent fibrous material build-up on the rotating impeller of the agitator. In blending and solids suspension applications where the fluid contains fibrous material, typically found in the wastewater treatment industry, the resulting build up on the agitator's impeller can deteriorate performance, increase energy costs and even damage the gearbox bearings and gears causing costly repair.
The Chemineer RL-3 impeller:
· Easily retrofits to existing agitators
· Increases up-time of mixer and eliminates process modifications
· Provides safe and reliable operation
· Offers application versatility with a wide range of sizes and materials
· Is supported through Chemineer Express(TM) for sizing assistance as needed
The Chemineer Model 20 HT/GT mixers incorporate a modular design package that reduces the number of replacement parts that need to be carried in inventory by the customer. The wide range of speeds available provides improved process control and greater application versatility. The Model 20 HT/GT agitators are designed to meet AGMA, OSHA, ANSI, IEC, DIN, EU and ATEX standards and requirements.
Other features of the Model 20 include:
· High energy efficiency due to an optimized gear design and lighter weight extension shaft diameter
· Standard cast dry well seal eliminates lubrication oil leakage from gearbox - this design is superior to maintenance intensive, unreliable lip seals
· Reversible rotation to meet a variety of process requirements
· Reliable performance and long life resulting from the cast gearbox with heavy duty output shaft and bearings
· Extensive output speed range allows optimization of process and mechanical design
Chemineer impeller designs are the result of over six decades of research and applied application experience, resulting in the broadest range of durable and efficient impeller options for its agitators. Chemineer's mixing expertise includes high flow, low shear liquid-liquid/solids blending, gas dispersion, high shear blending and viscous mixing.
Chemineer, Inc., a unit of Robbins & Myers, Inc., is dedicated exclusively to mixing technology and the manufacture of quality equipment for fluid agitation applications. Chemineer has operations in Dayton, OH; North Andover, MA; Derby, England; Mexico, D.F.; Singapore, China, India and Brazil. For more information, visit www.chemineer.com.
Reader service inquiries should be forwarded to Adrienne Kreighbaum, Chemineer, Inc., P.O. Box 1123, Dayton, Ohio 45401-1123. Telephone: 937-454-3200. Fax: 937-454-3379. E-mail: Adrienne.firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: www.chemineer.com. For the nearest sales office, call 1-800-643-0641.