TRFA Annual Meeting offers 12 technical paper presentations.August 12, 2013 -
Scheduled for Sept 29 to Oct 1, TRFA Annual Meeting will include 12 technical paper presentations covering topics such as: Self Healing Epoxy System for Outdoor Electrical Applications; Fluorinated Polyols for Ultra Weather Coatings; Chemical Resistant Hardeners for Civil Engineering Applications; and Acceleration of Amine-Cured Epoxy Resin Systems. Meeting will also feature Regulatory Affairs update, Global Market update, and presentation by Excellence in Thermoset Polymer Research Award winner.
TRFA Annual Meeting Offers Twelve Technical Paper Presentations
Thermoset Resin Formulators Association (TRFA)
800 Roosevelt Road
Glen Ellyn, IL, 60137
Press release date: August 8, 2013
Glen Ellyn, IL—Attendees at the Thermoset Resin Formulators Association (TRFA) Annual Meeting and September 29- October 1, 2013 at Hyatt Regency Newport in Newport, Rhode Island, will benefit from the presentation of twelve technical papers. Since its founding a decade ago, TRFA Technical Paper presentations have been essential to achieving one of the association's key objectives, which is to be "the premier forum to interact and exchange knowledge among formulators and suppliers."
Traditionally, the papers are selected by each of the TRFA Market-Focused Committees: Adhesives & Sealants; Coatings, Civil Engineering, Flooring; Composites & Tooling; and Potting, Encapsulation, and Electrical. This year, the presentations are:
• Pradip Kumar Dubey, Aditya Birla Chemicals- Self Healing Epoxy System for Outdoor Electrical Applications.
• Peter Lucas, Air Products & Chemicals- Formulating Beyond Surface Defects Caused by Moisture in Amine Cured Epoxy.
• Kristen Blankenship, AGC Chemicals- Fluorinated Polyols for Ultra Weather Coatings.
• Dr. Stefan Pastine, ConNora Technologies- Sustainability by Design: Introducing Recyclable Epoxy Technology.
• Krishnan Karunakaran, Dow Chemical Company- Chemical Resistant Hardeners for Civil Engineering Applications.
• David Nick, DPNA International- Will Adhesive Bonding Ever Replace Mechanical Fastening?
• Bruce Burton, Huntsman Corporation- Acceleration of Amine-Cured Epoxy Resin Systems.
• Andrew Martinez, ITW Polymers Coatings- Understanding the Combustion of Epoxy-Based Coatings Using Cone Calorimetry.
• David White, Sika Corporation- Bridge and Roadway Repair in Brooklyn: Utilizing Epoxy Composites.
• Steve Nolet, TPI Composites- 20% Wind by 2030: The Role of the Government, Industry, and Advanced Materials.
• Dr. Daniel F. Schmidt, University of Massachusetts Lowell- Recent Developments in Alternative Epoxy Resins.
• Dr. Yuan Chieh Chu, Valtech Corporation- Incorporating Acrylates in Epoxy-Amine Cure Systems Improves Adhesion.
The TRFA Annual Meeting also features a Regulatory Affairs update, Global Market update, and the presentation by the Annual Excellence in Thermoset Polymer Research Award winner will keep you abreast of the latest research and regulations. Attendees may also take advantage of the Additives 101 Short Course for training new employees or as a refresher for experienced personnel. TRFA also offers the opportunity to meet with the most important suppliers in the thermoset industry during the Tabletop Showcase on Monday, September 30th and network with your industry peers. Complete meeting information including fax-in or online registration, online hotel reservations, technical paper abstracts and a table top exhibitor contract is available at https://www.trfa.org/meeting/2013.
TRFA is comprised of thermoset formulators and fabricators, raw material suppliers, distributors, equipment manufacturers, manufacturer sales representatives of materials or equipment, importers of raw materials or processing or other equipment, consulting firms and academic institutions serving industries which include adhesives, coatings, civil engineering applications, electrical laminates, composites, tooling, castings and moldings. To learn more about TRFA please visit the website at www.trfa.org or contact the association at (630) 942-6596.