Software AG Launches webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2 Delivering Enhanced Capabilities for Achieving Process Excellence
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Software AG USA
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA, 94583
Press release date: May 2, 2011
o Software AG launches webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2, the latest versions of its market-leading software for BPM, Integration, SOA and SOA Governance and IT modernization
o The products deliver seamless integration between ARIS business modeling and webMethods process automation
o New capabilities of the product releases include process-model interoperability, broad content integration, business-driven event processing and enhanced business rules management
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - May 02, 2011: Software AG has announced the launch of webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2 from the Gartner Business Process Management Summit held recently in Baltimore. These are the first major product releases taking advantage of the newly-integrated webMethods (business process management) and ARIS (business process analysis) platforms. Together, this joint release will give companies and government agencies greater ability to align IT operations with business objectives, empower more BPM stakeholders, simplify deployments and upgrades, and benefit from recent technological advances in software development.
"The new products take advantage of an SOA-based, flexible integration and process layer, and paves the way for meeting the technical needs of business IT in the future," said Dr. Wolfram Jost, Chief Technology Officer and member of the Executive Board, Software AG. "Only an independent integration and process platform such as ours allows company-wide rapid design, implementation and real-time controlling of business process solutions. With the enhanced capabilities of webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2, Software AG is delivering a wealth of features that will help our existing customers broaden and accelerate their implementations of webMethods and ARIS. We see this as strengthening our leadership position in the marketplace."
According to Gartner Inc., "Organizations are showing increased interest in having better integration across roles through the use of integrated or best-of-breed suites of tools that support modeling for business processes, and object-oriented and data/database analysis and design, as well as requirements management. For example, as a best practice, organizations are defining business processes, events and workflows in BPA tools, and are bringing this information into IT modeling tools and BPMSs, where more-detailed software and data service analyses, design and development occurs."
webMethods and ARIS Latest Release Highlights
webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2 are the first new releases to benefit from the integration of the two platforms. Key highlights include:
1) Process-model interoperability - IT and business stakeholders can now work together ensuring that the modeled process is the one that is executed. This includes "round trip" process model exchange between ARIS and webMethods, where the same process model is used throughout the entire BPM lifecycle, from design to implementation and automation, to monitoring, and back to design. It also includes governance capabilities to ensure that changes made at any stage are reflected throughout.
2) Broad content integration - Organizations can benefit from content integration within their automated business processes. Traditionally, Business Process Management suites have automated processes across IT systems and workflow-based human interaction. webMethods 8.2 now also incorporates document-based process activity and helps to bridge the gap between processes and the multitude of documents that help support those processes.
3) Business-driven event processing - Organizations can increase their agility by incorporating business events into their day-to-day operations. Unstructured events are generated by a limitless number of internal and external systems, and organizations that provide a framework for identifying the most noteworthy combinations of events can filter through the noise and react before business operations are impacted. With version 8.2, the webMethods platform is now event-enabled, with capabilities including event rules and pattern matching, event discovery, prediction and correlation.
4) IT Agility and Change Management - A wealth of new capabilities are available to help customers broaden their deployments and upgrade to new releases with much greater ease and simplicity. Customers will benefit from a faster, simpler upgrade process, as well as significant reductions in the effort required to deploy software assets across the enterprise.
5) Enabling Web-Oriented Architecture (WOA) - Organizations working with WOA in order to quickly build enterprise mashups, web and mobile applications rely on REST-style services to manipulate WOA resources. webMethods version 8.2 supports end-to-end lifecycle of REST-style services including creating, consuming and governing services to ensure quality, security and other SLA requirements.
Additional New Product Features of webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2
o webMethods 8.2 - This release expands on the capabilities of webMethods 8.0 by adding
o Increased scalability for business activity monitoring and human task management;
o Additional Healthcare standards support with HIPAA and HL7 eStandards modules;
o Enhanced Business Rules Management including the ability to automatically take action based on business rules, integration with the CentraSite repository, and a business-friendly interface to let business users manage their own rules; and
o SOA Portfolio Management for prioritizing services based on business needs with 2-way integration between CentraSite and ARIS IT Architect.
o ARIS 7.2 - This release expands on the capabilities of ARIS 7.0 with
o Process Intelligence for webMethods, including integration of webMethods BPMS data into ARIS Mashzone and PPM;
o Real-time on-line meeting support for greater collaboration in process modeling; and
o Chat, whiteboard and video-conferencing options.
webMethods 8.2 and ARIS 7.2 are available now. For more information visit http://softwareag.com/TBD. A webinar will be held on May 10, 2011, visit softwareag.com.webinars.
About the Gartner Business Process Management Summit
The Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2011 offers the latest insight on creating and sustaining an agile process-powered organization. This Summit will deliver actionable insights to help companies through today's economic pressures and will showcase the latest process management strategies, implementation tactics and leading technologies to place a company in a stronger position to come out ahead. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/bpm.
About Software AG
With more than 1,000 U.S.-enterprise customers and 800 employees, Software AG's U.S. operation contributes one third of the company's total revenue and is Software AG's largest market presence and R&D location. Software AG has operated nationwide in the U.S. since 1973 through a fully-owned subsidiary, Software AG USA Inc., which is headquartered in Reston, Virginia - also an R&D hub for the company's core data management and integration technologies. R&D labs for the development of Software AG's webMethods product suite - offering SOA integration and BPM solutions - include facilities in San Josť/Silicon Valley, Seattle and Denver. For more information, visit www.softwareag.com/us.
Software AG is the global leader in Business Process Excellence. Our 40 years of innovation include the invention of the first high-performance transactional database, Adabas; the first business process analysis platform, ARIS; and the first B2B server and SOA-based integration platform, webMethods.
We offer our customers end-to-end business process management (BPM) solutions delivering low Total-Cost-of-Ownership and high ease of use. Our industry-leading brands, ARIS, webMethods, Adabas, Natural, CentraSite and IDS Scheer Consulting, represent a unique portfolio encompassing: process strategy, design, integration and control; SOA-based integration and data management; process-driven SAP implementation; and strategic process consulting and services.
Software AG had revenues of Euros1.1 billion in 2010 and has more than 5,600 employees serving 10,000 enterprise and public institution customers across 70 countries. Our comprehensive software and services solutions allow companies to continuously achieve their business results faster. The company is headquartered in Germany and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (TecDAX, ISIN DE 0003304002 / SOW).
Software AG - Get There Faster
For further information, please contact:
Orient Planet PR & Marketing Communications
Tel: +971 43988901
Fax: +971 43988941
P.O.Box 23345, Dubai, UAE