Sierra Expands Primary Standard Gas Flow Calibration Systems & Online Store
5 Harris Ct.
Monterey, CA, 93940
Press release date: March 25, 2014
New Economical, Portable CalTrak® 300 & 350 Open Industrial Hygiene & Environmental Markets
Monterey, CA – Sierra Instruments, a leading global mass flow meter and controller manufacturer, is pleased to announce the expansion of their primary gas flow calibration systems with the new economical CalTrak® 300 and 350. With increased portability and ease-of-use, now end-users can deliver precision flow calibration and validation, based on a primary standard, to their lab equipment or manufacturing process. These products meet the demands of industrial hygiene and occupational health professionals and validate and calibrate critical environmental tools, including quality control for manufacturers of air samplers and gas chromatographs. For fast delivery and easy ordering, in stock CalTrak products are offered for online purchase.
"Now we have a complete line of gas flow calibration systems to give customers a wide range of product options at different price points. It's exciting to be able to offer customers the portability and ease of use of our 300 series. Now, for the first time, technicians and lab managers in the industrial hygiene and occupational health industries can bring primary standard calibration to their equipment. This is a game changer for labs and industrial hygiene manufacturers. No more sending hundreds of mass flow meters and controllers back to the factory for recalibration and wasting countless hours in processing paper work and downtime. And in stock products ship next online day," says Matt Olin, CEO, Sierra Instruments.
Sierra's CalTrak® 300 is a portable primary standard gas volume flow calibrator for fast +/-1.0% of reading calibrations, delivering the accuracy, reliability and value needed to meet the demands of industrial hygiene and occupational health professionals. The 300 has a wide variety of uses, including quality control in the manufacturing of respirator equipment, personal sampling pumps and other hygiene equipment. CalTrak 300’s are used by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety Appliances (MSA), Military and many large hospital supply companies.
CalTrak 350 is a gas mass flow calibrator that allows users to verify gas mass flow rates, in the field or in the lab, to an accuracy of +/- 1.0% of reading, including temperature and pressure compensation. It was developed specifically for calibrations and verification of critical industrial and environmental tools, including quality control for manufacturers of air samplers, gas chromatographs, and particle counters. It provides the accuracy, customization and durability needed in today's exacting, fast-paced workplace.
Sierra’s CalTrak line now consists of six different types of calibration devices to fulfill customers' varying flow measuring and calibration application needs.
The Expanded CalTrak Product Line Now Includes:
• CalTrak® 300 – Economical primary standard gas volume flow calibrator for fast +/-1.0% of reading calibrations, delivering the accuracy, reliability and value needed to meet the demands of industrial hygiene and occupational health professionals. Flow range from 5 ccm up to 30,000 ccm (30 L/min).
• CalTrak® 350 - Economical primary standard gas volume flow calibrator, ideal for environmental and ambient air monitoring applications, and MFC and MFM verification. Flow ranges from 5 sccm to 30,000 sccm (30 slpm).
• CalTrak® 500 & 800 - High accuracy modular gas flow calibrators for Cal labs and industry. Both are portable, low-maintenance, primary standard gas flow calibrators. CalTrak 500 offers an accuracy of ±0.35% of reading mass flow (flow cell dependent). The CalTrak 800 offers an excellent accuracy of +/-0.15% of reading (flow cell dependent).
• CalTrak® XL –High accuracy, high flow gas flow calibrator now measuring flows up to 1500 slpm. Designed to replace aging bell provers, CalTrak XL meets that need with an impressive standardized accuracy of +/- 0.25% of reading over a flow range of 5 slpm to 500 slpm or +/- 0.30 % from 15 slpm to1500 slpm.
• CalTrak® 850– High accuracy all-in-one gas flow calibrator optimized to calibrate or verify mass flow controllers with common corrosive gases used in the semiconductor industry. All-in-one system that does not require switching of cells or blocs. Flow range from 5 sccm to 50,000 sccm (50 slpm) within an accuracy of +/-0.15% of reading standardized.
Battery operated portability, ease-of-use and above all accuracy, are the hallmarks of the CalTrak line of primary flow standards. CalTrak features easy to use push button interface and our proven CalSoft™ software making it fast and easy for end users to collect and use the data they need. All of the CalTrak flow calibration systems are based on a primary standard, not transfer standards, and manufactured to ISO 17025 standards at NVLAP accredited lab using assets that are directly traceable to NIST.
A global leader in flow measurement and control for over 40 years, Sierra instruments designs and manufactures high performance flow instrumentation for gas, liquid and steam applications commonly found in the pharmaceutical, scientific research, health, energy and semi-conductor industries. With over 150 offices in 50 countries, Sierra is uniquely positioned to provide their innovative products and lifetime support for the leading companies of today and the growth enterprises of tomorrow.