Reis Technology wins SPE Award 2012
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
1320 Holmes Rd.
Elgin, IL, 60123
Press release date: November 15, 2012
In this year's competition of the renowned American association Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), the Reis group, with its system for direct extrusion of a hose seal, won first prize in process technologies.
Participating companies are Reis Extrusion, Reis Robotics (USA), and Reis Robotics (Germany) realizing the international project involving worldwide leading process technology.
Flexible direct robot extrusion means:
· Significant reduction of labor costs in comparison with the alternative TSR (EPDM) profile assembly, using glue or mechanic fixation means
· The extrusion of a solid profile or multiple chamber profile from SantopreneTM TPV onto different substrates is only possible in X-Y-Z direction
· No pre-treatment on PP substrates
· High process flexibility and freedoms with the design due to the use of 6-axis robot systems
· Fully-automatic process without rework
· Almost no TPV waste since excess TPV is fed to the process again
· Excellent dimension stability, compression set and surface quality
· Good recyclability since it is one product family - PP substrate and TPV profile
About Reis Robotics
Reis Robotics is an innovative company leading in robot technology and system integration.
The Reis Robotics group, with international activities, is headquartered in Obernburg, Germany and is a market leader for automation systems in the photovoltaic industry. For more than two decades, Reis has been one of the most important integrators for automation systems in all major industry sectors. In addition to articulated arm robots, the product range also includes linear robots, gantries, horizontal articulated arm robots, and other special robots. Additional products include: Try-out and Spotting Presses as well as Trim Presses and Trim Tools.
REIS ROBOTICS designs, delivers, and installs completely integrated automation systems from one source. Since 1957, our success is based on the great experience gained during the planning and execution of turnkey automation systems. For this, Reis Robotics offers a broad product range of industrial robots (welding robots, casting robots, handling robots, laser robots, and many others), peripheral modules and services for automation solutions in all major application fields.
Reis Robotics USA, Inc
1320 Holmes Road
Elgin, IL 60123