Poland's Second Largest Telecom Provider Deploys ATEME's TITAN Live
3400 Coral Way, Suite 303
Miami, FL, 33145
Press release date: September 16, 2013
Dialog Extends Its HD Channel Offerings and Prepares for HEVC
AMSTERDAM — (RAI International Broadcasting Convention, Hall One, Stand 1.D71), ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, today announced that Dialog Poland chose ATEME's TITAN Live, at the beginning of 2013, to extend its HD channel offerings and incorporate HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) capabilities into its Head End technology.
• Dialog extends IPTV Head-End in full HD - Using TITAN Live, Dialog is now able to offer IPTV in full HD resolution at 7 Mbs with no compromise on video quality. The flexibility and scalability of the TITAN software transcoding platform allowed Dialog to increase its initial requirement of 18 HD channels to 35. This increase was accomplished in increments of a few channels over the course of this year, on very short notice every time and without any architecture change.
• TITAN Live Transcoder - A real-time multi-channel/format IP-based transcoder for multi-screen delivery of linear channels (TV, mobile, and web) through managed and unmanaged networks.
• Supports all use cases for the ingest and processing of linear channels, including IP/compressed and SDI/uncompressed video inputs that can be combined in the same chassis. This feature provides multi-screen delivery in any format IN and any format OUT, providing a next generation TV Head-End delivery stream to any screen.
• Now includes support of HEVC output for real-time transcoding up to HD resolution.
• Dialog pioneering IPTV services in Poland - Dialog Poland has been pioneering IPTV services in Poland since 2007 and was acquired in 2011 by the Netia Group, Poland's second largest telecommunication service provider.
Piotr Guziewicz, director of technology and services development, Netia Group said: "In order to transition to a new Head-End, we looked for a solution that would allow us to keep up with the pace of our customers by gradually increasing our services base, further improving reliability and service quality. We chose the software-based solution of the TITAN Live because of its fully redundant future-proof technology and the ability to quickly extend our services and prepare our network for the new HEVC (H.265) format."
ATEME is a world leader in HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for live broadcast contribution links, fulltime distribution services, non-linear file and live video streaming solutions for
Contact: Kim Dearborn, email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.ateme.com