POS BIO-Sciences is Making Strides
118 Veterinary Road
Saskatoon, SK, S7N2R4
Press release date: September 23, 2013
POS Bio- Sciences has been developing their business around increasing client value and satisfaction.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – Important updates that have unfolded in the last 12 months of POS Bio-Sciences life. We have taken great steps, all with one goal in mind; increase client value and satisfaction. We have focused on service developments, key personnel, financing and improving manufacturing. Please take the time to read how POS is making business easier for you and your company.
• Please check out the new POS Bio-Sciences website at www.pos.ca. Details on the below updates can be found in the News section.
• In September 2012, we named the POS complex after the first Executive Director and today’s Board Chairman; John and Charlotte Cross Bio-Sciences Centre. John returned to the POS Board in 2009, becoming the Board Chairman in 2012. His hard-work and experience is what created the opportunities that POS has given clients over the decades, into today and going forward.
• In the past year POS commissioned a new flash evaporator and by December 2013, the short path distillation system will be installed and operational for January 2014 projects. Our manufacturing partners from foods, health and wellness and ag-biotechnology industries can produce market quantities of products such as essences, modified proteins, concentrates and powdered extracts – all at competitive economies of scale.
• LEAN Manufacturing Disciplines - We believe the principles being adopted by the POS business and team have already provided substantial improvements to operation and improved our ability to create client value and satisfaction through greater efficiencies.
• Skills and Knowledge added through new team members have increased process efficiency and client satisfaction.
• New Analytical Services Developments through our wide range of expertise and equipment allows POS to develop services to clients that go above and beyond to create outstanding and new value. Three examples of the over 30 developments in the last 18 months are:
1. Phenolic Compounds Profile in Berries (HPLC) - $300.00/sample
2. Essential Oils (GC/MS) $250.00
3. Astaxanthin (UV-Vis spectroscopy)- $60.00/sample
• Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) offered POS Financing to complete a $3 million dollar facility renovation. The facility will now have the capability to monitor energy use activities which means better engineering plans for clients and improved feedback on existing processes, which means more benefit for clients.
• Finances – Please be aware that POS offers support in your search for private/public funding to support work at POS. We employ a full-time professional that understands programs in existence and the approach to facilitate the funder expectations.
POS has clients in 40 different countries around the world, our team member profiles are very different with well over 30 countries from around the world represented by their place of birth and at last count, we speak 13 languages within the 55, 000 square feet of POS operations.
It would be worth your investment to discuss project work with the POS Bio-Sciences team. Contact us today!
Check out http://www.pos.ca for details on these developments.