Oracle® Enterprise Manager Enhances Support for Oracle Fusion Middleware
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
500 Oracle Pkwy.
Redwood Shores, CA, 94065
Press release date: March 3, 2009
Extends Top-Down Application Management Capabilities to Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Enterprise Service Bus, Oracle Coherence and Oracle Beehive
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., March 3 / / - News Facts
- Further enhancing its top-down approach to application management, Oracle today announced new and enhanced management packs for Oracle® Fusion Middleware through the release of Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 (10gR5).
- With this release, Oracle Enterprise Manager deepens its comprehensive top-down application management capabilities for Oracle WebLogic Server and other key components of Oracle Fusion Middleware, enabling customers to reduce the complexity and cost of managing enterprise applications while increasing service quality.
- Oracle WebLogic Server customers can now benefit from a unified application management solution, eliminating the need for multiple tools. Oracle Application Server customers looking to implement this industry leading application server can now use the same familiar toolset in Oracle Enterprise Manager to accelerate adoption of Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 also adds model-based application performance management through its Composite Application Monitor and Modeler for SOA and new management capabilities for Oracle Enterprise Service Bus, Oracle Coherence, Oracle Beehive and enhancements for Oracle BPEL Process Manager.
Expanded Diagnostics and Configuration Management
o Featuring tighter integration with Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 delivers the most complete management solution for Oracle WebLogic Server. Highlights include:
- Application Performance Management Optimized for Production - provides low-overhead monitoring and diagnostic capabilities for applications and Web services running on Oracle WebLogic Server; extensive historical and real-time visibility into application performance running on virtually any JVM including Oracle JRockit; tracing of in-flight transactions and cross-tier performance diagnostics with the Oracle Database - enabling superior proactive analysis of performance and availability for Oracle WebLogic Server and significantly reduced costs associated with administration and application downtime.
- Extensive Configuration Management - delivers auto-discovery and configuration tracking for Oracle WebLogic Server and its underlying hardware and operating system; and provides change detection, analysis and reporting including compliance dashboards -simplifying IT compliance and aiding in problem avoidance and diagnosis of hard to locate issues resulting from configuration changes.
Enhanced SOA Management
- Adding to its extensive SOA management capabilities, Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 extends its management of Oracle BPEL Process Manager with the ability to manage Oracle Enterprise Service Bus. Enhancements include:
- Service Bus management - provides the ability to monitor, manage, and deploy Oracle Enterprise Service Bus and automate deployment of Oracle Enterprise Service Bus projects and resources;
- Enhanced BPEL management - reports on BPEL instance and activity performance to enable faster and more accurate problem resolution.
- Configuration management - adds configuration collection, recording and analysis of Oracle Service Bus. Administrators can now use an integrated solution for managing Oracle Enterprise Service Bus, Oracle BPEL Process Manager and Oracle WebLogic Server, enabling administrators to quickly resolve configuration related issues across the entire SOA environment.
- Composite application management - addresses the increasingly complex task of managing composite applications built on SOA platforms through a Composite Application Monitor and Modeler, providing visibility of business services across all related application components.
New Capabilities for Oracle Coherence and Oracle Beehive
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 also includes integrated management of Oracle Coherence clusters with the new Management Pack for Oracle Coherence, helping administrators deploy and manage large Oracle Coherence clusters, including key aspects such as discovery, monitoring, reporting, events management, configuration management, lifecycle management and deployment automation.
- In this release, Oracle Enterprise Manager enables administrators to manage Oracle Beehive services collectively and at the individual component level. Key highlights include automatic discovery of Oracle Beehive components; service monitoring from both component and end-user perspectives; and integrated root-cause analysis and problem remediation. These capabilities enable the best performance and availability for Oracle Beehive while reducing the cost and complexity of administration.
- "With Oracle Enterprise Manager customers gain a complete and uninterrupted view of their SOA environments. This provides the ability to efficiently diagnose and remedy complex application performance issues, saving time and resources. With the new management capabilities for Oracle WebLogic Server, and other key components of Oracle Fusion Middleware, customers can effectively eliminate the IT visibility gap," said Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president Product Development.
- Join Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president, for a Webcast - Tuesday, March 3rd, 9am Pacific
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Management Pack Plus for SOA;
- Diagnostics Pack For Oracle Middleware
- Configuration Management Pack for Oracle Middleware
- Management Pack for Oracle Coherence
Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Teri Whitaker, +1-650-506-9914, email@example.com, or Jim Rivas, +1-650-506-8879, firstname.lastname@example.org, both of Oracle
Web Site: http://www.oracle.com/