MaxPlus® Clear Needleless Connector Takes Top Market Position
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
3750 Torrey View Court
San Diego, CA, 92130
Press release date: May 3, 2012
SAN DIEGO - CareFusion Corp. (NYSE: CFN) announced today that its MaxPlus® Clear needleless connector has achieved market-leading status as the top-selling stand-alone connector in the U.S. market.(1) As the market leader, MaxPlus® Clear promotes and enhances clinical best practices and may help minimize microbial contamination and catheter occlusion.
"MaxPlus® Clear is a patented and innovative needleless connector that utilizes pioneering technology and unique design that meets our customers' needs," said James M. Paloyan, Vice President and General Manager of Infusion Specialty Disposables, CareFusion. "We are excited that clinicians recognize MaxPlus® Clear as a device that can help them deliver quality care."
There are several features that differentiate the MaxPlus® Clear connector:
- MaxPlus® Clear features a flat, smooth access port that helps to optimize the disinfection process. As a result, the surface can be effectively swabbed in three seconds. Proper disinfection decreases microbial contamination and the opportunity for microbes to enter the fluid path.
- The patented positive displacement feature of the MaxPlus® Clear prevents reflux of blood back into the lumen of the catheter upon disconnection of the male luer. This clears the catheter and locks it against retrograde blood, which may help reduce the risk of occlusions due to reflux.
- The clear housing also allows for visualization of entire fluid path. Clinicians can quickly assess if there is blood or debris remaining in the connector and adjust their flushing technique, helping to promote a more thorough flush and supporting clinicians' adherence to the Infusion Nurses Society 2011 Standards of Practice.(2)
- Additionally, the dual seal design of the MaxPlus® Clear helps maintain a tight seal when the connector is not accessed, maintaining the integrity of the seal, which helps to reduce the potential of microbial ingress.
MaxPlus® Clear needleless connector can be used on all intravenous catheters. To find out more about MaxPlus® Clear, visit www.carefusion.com.
About CareFusion Corporation
CareFusion (NYSE: CFN) is a global corporation serving the healthcare industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve patient care. The company develops market-leading technologies including Alaris® IV pumps, Pyxis® automated dispensing and patient identification systems, AirLife(TM), AVEA® and LTV® series of ventilators and respiratory products, ChloraPrep® skin prep products, MedMined(TM) services for infection surveillance, V. Mueller® and Snowden-Pencer® surgical instruments and NeuroCare diagnostic products. CareFusion employs more than 15,000 people across its global operations. More information may be found at www.carefusion.com.
(1) Q4 2011 GSX market data on single-sterile sales of standalone needleless connectors. February 27, 2012.
(2) Infusion Standards of Practice, Supplement to Jan/Feb 2011 Vol. 34 No. 1S, Standard 27, Practice Criteria F.
CONTACT: Jakob Jakobsen, +1-310-309-1003, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.carefusion.com