KITAGAWA-NORTHTECH, INC. Expands Self-Contained Air Chuck Technology
Kitagawa Div. North Tech Workholding, Inc.
300 E. Commerce Dr.
Schaumburg, IL, 60173
Press release date: August 12, 2013
Kitagawa-NorthTech is proud to release to the US market the next evolution of their self-contained air chuck. The new UPR mega through-hole self-contained air chuck exhibits advancements in functionality and value. Ideal for oil pipe applications, the UPR Series chucks are designed with a larger through hole than the earlier UBR models, accommodating workpiece diameters ranging from 7.2 to 22.0 inches where the UBR Series accommodates up to 14.7 inch diameter pipes. This new UPR chuck body has been simplified from the older UBR model as there are fewer components, allowing for easier maintenance, faster installation, removal and safety. Additional features include:
• UPR’s come with a built-in air cylinder, so there is no need for a separate actuator and draw tube.
• Built in jaw stroke and pressure sensor safety devices to help prevent incomplete gripping from occurring.
• An air distribution ring that is assembled within the chuck body
• Easy centering with a shorter mounting bracket for the distribution ring to the lathe spindle.
• Long jaw stroke creates more flexibility in accommodating various pipe/coupling sizes as well as stepped material gripping situations.
About KITAGAWA-NORTHTECH, INC.
KITAGAWA-NORTHTECH is a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of high performance workholding solutions for turning and machining centers. For over 30 years industry leaders have trusted Kitagawa-NorthTech to increase productivity through focused application analysis and superior precision and performance. Utilizing an in house network of engineers and consultants to customize workholding solutions, Kitagawa-NorthTech has proven success at Redefining Productivity™.
301 E. Commerce Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173