Honeywell Launches New Solutions for Knowledge Sharing at Hug APAC 2013
Honeywell International Inc.
101 Columbia Rd.
Morristown, NJ, 07960
Press release date: August 28, 2013
Industry Leaders to Discuss Best Practice in Process Control
PERTH – Honeywell (NYSE:HON) is exhibiting the latest developments in process automation and controls to help manufacturers across Asia-Pacific improve operational efficiency, increase productivity and reduce costs. Taking the theme of "knowledge NOW", the 2013 Honeywell Users Group (HUG) Asia-Pacific Symposium is showcasing Honeywell's newest technology solutions, including its Experion® Collaboration Station and Premium Platform for Experion Virtualization Solutions. HUG is Honeywell's largest annual industry gathering in Asia-Pacific, where more than 200 attendees are expected to attend over four days from 25-29 August in Perth, Australia.
"Asia-Pacific is a key growth market for the process automation and controls industry. However, the economic environment requires customers to become more efficient by enhancing productivity and reducing costs. Customers are looking for technology and solutions that improve the safety, reliability and efficiency of their operations to become more competitive," said Jason Urso, chief technology officer, Honeywell Process Solutions. "At this year's symposium, we will be focusing on how more knowledge, and a better understanding of how to use that knowledge, can improve operations and help customers achieve their business goals."
The highlights of HUG Asia-Pacific will include:
• A live demonstration of the Experion Collaboration Station. This interactive tool enables faster responses to both routine and emergency situations and allows plants to rapidly establish communication across different locations.
• Introduction to Assurance 360 Services. An innovative approach to service management that offers flexible programming, provides remote monitoring, change management, risk mitigation and performance-based metrics and reporting.
• Update on Operations Excellence. Honeywell's expanded portfolio of solutions designed to improve operational excellence includes the Intuition® Operations Monitoring software, the new Control Performance Monitoring software and the latest Alarm Management software.
• A first-hand look at the Premium Platform for Experion Virtualization Solutions. Honeywell's new solution is customized to the specific control applications needed by the customer, making it a turnkey virtualization solution. Premium Platform reduces setup time by up to 90 percent, generates up to 40 percent more energy savings and has 22 percent greater density than alternative virtualized server platforms.
• A preview of the Cyber Security Dashboard. The dashboard helps simplify the task of keeping automation systems up-to-date with cyber security requirements.
• The announcement of the winner of the 2013 Asia-Pacific UniSim® Design Student Competition, who will showcase their winning process design solving a real-life critical business issue.
The 2013 HUG APAC program offers many ways to share and exchange knowledge through user presentations, keynotes and live technology demonstrations for customers across sectors including oil and gas, refining, chemicals, mining and pulp and paper, exploring how the use of innovative process control solutions can help industry achieve greater safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability.
For more information about new technologies and services being showcased at Honeywell Users Group Asia-Pacific Symposium, please visit www.honeywellusersgroup.com.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com. Honeywell Process Solutions is part of Honeywell's Automation and Control Solutions group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry. For more information about Process Solutions, access www.honeywellprocess.com.