Henkel to Exhibit Adhesives and Equipment at AAT Expo Booth #818
One Henkel Way
Rocky Hill, CT, 06067
Press release date: June 15, 2012
Easy to Integrate and Automate, Henkel Products Reduce Costs, Increase Efficiency
Rocky Hill, Conn. - At AAT Expo, June 19 through 21, Henkel Corporation will showcase its latest advances in Loctite® adhesive and equipment technologies that facilitate manufacturing and integrate easily into automated production processes.
- Anaerobic adhesives cure when restricted from oxygen in the presence of metal ions, and are used as threadlockers, thread sealants and retaining compounds. Henkel will demonstrate and sample many Loctite® anaerobics, including: health and safety liquid threadlockers that carry an MSDS health rating of 1; liquid threadlockers that withstand temperatures up to 360°F, cure consistently without primers, and tolerate oily contaminants; and retaining compounds that secure cylindrical assemblies. For more information: www.loctitethreadlockers.com.
- Cyanoacrylates or instant adhesives cure in seconds on exposure to moisture. At the show, Henkel will highlight Loctite® surface insensitive formulations that offer reliable long-term performance at elevated operating temperatures to 250ºF; low odor/low bloom products that maintain bond strength in high-humidity environments while delivering temperature resistance to 200ºF; and a two-part gel that cures through gaps up to 5 mm in less than 5 minutes and performs on plastics, metals, rubbers and ceramics. The company will also feature the Loctite® Volumetric Hand Pump, a sealed cyanoacrylate dispensing system that prevents instant adhesive from curing in the bottle or the dispense equipment, extending the life of the adhesive. For more information: www.instant.loctite.com.
- Light cure adhesives cure in seconds on exposure to light of the right intensity and wavelength. Henkel will highlight two Loctite® flexible, impact-resistant light curing cyanoacrylate adhesives that cure in 3 to 4 seconds on exposure to light, with adhesive in shadowed areas curing in 30 to 40 seconds via the secondary moisture-cure mechanism. Henkel will also feature two pieces of Loctite® equipment: the compact VA10 Micro-Diaphragm Valve, which rapidly and precisely dispenses low- to medium-viscosity adhesives and is lightweight for faster robotic dispensing; and the modular Loctite® LED Flood Array System that can connect up to four LED flood array light sources to one controller for curing adhesives on conveyor lines. For more information: www.henkelna.com/lightcure .
- Elastomeric adhesives are permanently flexible materials that resist vibration, movement and impact, and are ideal for applications found on recreational and specialty vehicles, agricultural equipment, trailers and signage. The Henkel booth will highlight five Loctite® elastomeric adhesives, including a highly flexible, paintable one-part adhesive/sealant that offers good UV resistance; a one-part, high strength, high elongation sealant that is paintable, noncorrosive and bonds to metals, plastics and glass; a two-part non-sag, isocyanate-free adhesive that fixtures rapidly and bonds a variety of substrates; a one-part, non-sag urethane sealant; and a one-part urethane adhesive that works well in applications that experience heating and cooling cycles. For more information: www.henkelna.com/flextec.
- Structural adhesives replace or augment rivets, bolts, welding and other traditional fastening methods in applications subjected to severe shock, peel, and impact forces. Henkel will exhibit a two-part Loctite® adhesive for hard-to-bond plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene and nylon as well as metals. This acrylic adhesive fixtures in less than 15 minutes, stores at room temperature and cures without primers or surface treatments. Also highlighted at the show is a two-part polyurethane bonder that offers excellent adhesion to plastics and metals, excellent moisture resistance and good impact resistance. For more information: www.henkelna.com/loctitestructurals.
Free Loctite® samples will be available to booth visitors throughout the show.
Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Cosmetics/Toiletries and Adhesive Technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel holds globally leading market positions both in the consumer and industrial businesses with well-known brands such as Persil, Schwarzkopf and Loctite. Henkel employs about 47,000 people and reported sales of $21.7 billion and adjusted operating profit of $2.8 billion in fiscal 2011. Henkel's preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX and the company ranks among the Fortune Global 500.
One Henkel Way
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Tel: 1-800-LOCTITE (562-8483)