Curtiss-Wright to Display Wide Range of Helicopter Avionics and Subsystem Solutions at HELI-EXPO 2014
1200 Wall St. W
Lyndhurst, NJ, 07071
Press release date: February 25, 2014
HELI-EXPO (Booth #805), ANAHEIM, Calif. – Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) today announced that it will display its latest highly engineered solutions for commercial and defense aerospace helicopter platforms at HELI-EXPO 2014 (Booth #805).
Curtiss-Wright will be displaying the latest examples of its broad range of rugged mission LCD displays, mission computer, network switch, video management system, data storage and graphics display and avionics products.
Featured display, mission computer, networking, video management, data storage and graphics display products include:
• Skyquest Rugged LCD Displays: 6.5"-17" LCD Mission Display with touchscreen provide full 1080p resolution for the best high definition imagery. Designed specifically for the rugged demands of defense and law enforcement applications. Some models include built-in PC featuring an IntelŽ Core™ i7-based embedded processor to reduce cost and SWaP.
• Parvus DuraNET 20-10 GbE Switch: This new Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Switch subsystem delivers double the port count of Curtiss-Wright's previous DuraNET GbE Switch products, while drastically reducing power consumption ~50% per port and reducing the unit's volume size by ~26%. The fully featured SWaP-optimized subsystem provides true carrier-grade Ethernet software Layer-2 management features, including support for the IEEE-1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP).
• Parvus SWI-22-10 GbE Switch PCI/104-Express Module: The industry's first 20-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Switch PCI/104-Express card, this fully managed COTS GbE switch module provides 2x the ports previously provided by earlier designs, and reduces slot-count while adding advanced Layer 2 network management features. With significantly reduced power and cost-per-port, the SWI-22-10 is ideal for use in rugged deployed manned and unmanned military and civilian sensitive mobile, tactical, airborne, and vehicle platforms for situational awareness and network-centric operations.
• Parvus DuraMAR 5915 Rugged IP Router: This rugged CiscoŽ IOS-managed mobile router integrated with Cisco's 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an ultra-rugged chassis optimized for harsh military and civil vehicle / aircraft installations. This COTS solution is ideal for IP networking technology refresh and situational awareness applications, including those seeking a migration path for legacy Cisco 3200 (3230 / 3250 / 3270)-based router subsystems. It features dual WAN uplinks and is available as either a standalone 5-port network router or with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch for a total of 19 Ethernet ports.
• MPMC-9310/9321 Mission Computers: The MPMC-9310 and MPMC-9321 are fully integrated rugged Application Ready COTS systems. These backplane-based processing systems provide all the elements required of modern mission computers, vetronics systems, and avionics computers.
• VRD1 Video Management System (VMS): This fully integrated VMS provides video switching, network storage and systems capabilities for airborne video surveillance. HD-capable VMS provides video format conversion, scaling, switching and recording supports 18 video input channels (six each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI, CVBS) and 12 video outputs (6 each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI).
• Vortex DTS: This SWaP-optimized, rugged network file server supports industry-standard storage protocols (NFS, CIFS, HTTP and FTP) through 4 1GbE ports. To protect critical data-at-rest, the Vortex DTS network attached storage (NAS) system offers an AES-256-bit encryption option or special encrypted SSDs certified in the UK. The DTS allows scalable storage with 3 rugged Removable Memory Cartridges (RMC) for mission, map and maintenance data.
• HMI DIGITAL MAPPING System Ready Application (SRA): Curtiss-Wright has partnered with ENSCO Avionics' IData Visual Systems to provide pre-tested and validated HMI and Digital Mapping capabilities on Curtiss-Wright's XMC-715 graphics controller mezzanine card and VME-186 single board computer (SBC). ENSCO Avionics' IDataŽ Tool Suite and IDataŽ Map Plug-in have been pre-validated on Curtiss-Wright's rugged COTS graphics controller and SBC modules. The verified solution is provided under Curtiss-Wright's recently announced System Ready Application (SRA) initiative.
There will be a demonstration of the Human Machine Interface (HMI) Digital Mapping System Ready Application (SRA) at ENSCO's Booth, #7850
Featured avionics products to be displayed include:
• Air Data Computer Module (ADCM): Curtiss-Wright will be showcasing its recently introduced Air Data Computer Module (ADCM). The ADCM, a small, lightweight air data computer, uses the latest generation of high-accuracy, high-stability vibrating cylinder technology to reduce downtime, increase operational readiness and therefore lower the overall cost of ownership. Because it is a module, as opposed to a standalone air data computer, it can be integrated with existing host equipment, such as an Attitude Heading Reference System or Inertial Reference System.
• Acra KAM-500 Data Acquisition System: The Acra KAM-500 airborne data acquisition unit (DAU) has been developed through decades of experience and heavy investment in R&D. It's driven by hardwired finite state machines making it extremely reliable; while its compact, low power design makes it ideal for installing in locations that have limited space. The modular construction design of the KAM-500 results in reduced cost of ownership and its network native design allows large systems to be built from COTS products.
• Multi-Purpose Flight Recorder (MPFR): The MPFR provides unmatched flight recorder versatility, in a highly compact package, fully approved for current and anticipated requirements. On-aircraft download is achieved in less than two minutes and can be networked directly to a remote operational base for diagnostics and fault reporting. The MPFR is packaged as a compact unit ideal for the rotary wing or small/medium aircraft market. Importantly, this compact unit may be attached directly to the airframe without requiring bulky equipment racks or anti-vibration mounts, thus permitting optimum aircraft performance to be attained for lower operating costs.
For additional information on display, mission computer, networking, video management, data storage and graphics display products please visit www.cwcdefense.com.
For additional information on avionics products please visit www.cwc-ae.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.