Curtiss-Wright to Display Wide Range of Aviation Solutions at Singapore Airshow 2014
1200 Wall St. W
Lyndhurst, NJ, 07071
Press release date: February 11, 2014
SINGAPORE AIR SHOW 2014, CHANGI EXHIBITION CENTRE, SINGAPORE (Booth #S95) — Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) today announced that it will display its latest highly engineered solutions for commercial and defense aerospace and aviation platforms at the 2014 Singapore Airshow (Booth #S95).
Featured aerospace control products to be displayed:
• B737 NG Transmission: The Sensors & Controls division will feature its Gears & Assemblies solutions, including the trailing edge transmissions it supplies to Boeing for use on the B737 NG aircraft.
• B737C Spindle (Flap Carriage): Also on display will be the Spindle used in the B737C Flap Carriage for the aircraft’s outboard and inboard flap system.
Featured avionics products to be displayed:
• Air Data Computer Module (ADCM): The Defense Solutions division will be introducing its new Air Data Computer Module (ADCM). The ADCM, a small, lightweight air data computer, uses the latest generation of high-accuracy, high-stability vibrating cylinder technology to reduce downtime, increase operational readiness and therefore lower the overall cost of ownership. Because it is a module, as opposed to a standalone air data computer, it can be integrated with existing host equipment, such as an Attitude Heading Reference System or Inertial Reference System.
Curtiss-Wright will also hold a presentation on the features of the new ADCM at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 12 in the seminar room beside booth #B101.
• Enhanced Software Configurable Air Data Unit (ESCADU): The ESCADU is a highly configurable, highly reliable Air Data Unit intended to be the primary supply of air data parameters to the aircraft systems. The ESCADU calculates air data parameters from information received from the integrated pitot and static pressure sensors and an outside air temperature probe. This proven product is ideal for system upgrades.
• Low Air Speed Probe (LASP): Curtiss-Wright will also be introducing a new ultrasonic Low Air Speed Probe (LASP). The LASP provides reliable, accurate and cost-effective low airspeed and directional measurement, to Curtiss-Wright air data computers. Its robust design, aluminum alloy construction and heating system makes it perfect for the harsh environmental conditions encountered in the air.
• Acra KAM-500 Data acquisition system: The Acra KAM-500 airborne data acquisition unit (DAU) has been developed through decades of experience and heavy investment in R&D. It’s driven by hardwired finite state machines making it extremely reliable; while its compact, low power design makes it ideal for installing in locations that have limited space. The modular construction design of the KAM-500 results in reduced cost of ownership and its network native design allows large systems to be built from COTS products.
• Multi-Purpose Flight Recorder (MPFR): The MPFR provides unmatched flight recorder versatility, in a highly compact package, fully approved for current and anticipated requirements. On-aircraft download is achieved in less than two minutes and can be networked directly to a remote operational base for diagnostics and fault reporting. The MPFR is packaged as a compact unit ideal for the rotary wing or small/medium aircraft market. Importantly, this compact unit may be attached directly to the airframe without requiring bulky equipment racks or anti-vibration mounts, thus permitting optimum aircraft performance to be attained for lower operating costs.
The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions division will also be displaying its rugged mission LCD displays and video management systems:
• Skyquest Rugged LCD Displays: 6.5”-17” LCD Mission Display with touchscreen provide full 1080p resolution for the best high definition imagery. Designed specifically for the rugged demands of defense and law enforcement applications. Some models include built-in PC featuring an Intel® Core™ i7-based embedded processor to reduce cost and SWaP.
• VRD1 Video Management System (VMS): Fully integrated VMS provides video switching, network storage and systems capabilities for airborne video surveillance. HD-capable VMS provides video format conversion, scaling, switching and recording supports 18 video input channels (six each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI, CVBS) and 12 video outputs (6 each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI).
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.