Creaform and HGS Automation Form Strategic Reselling Partnership
5825, rue St-Georges
Levis, QC, G6V4L2
Press release date: March 19, 2014
HGS Automation to leverage Creaform's 3D inspection solutions for its custom automation solutions
Lévis, Québec and Fraser, Michigan
Creaform, a worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and 3D engineering services, and HGS Automation, a custom robotic solutions integrator with proven success in plant automation, today announce that they have formed a strategic alliance.
Under the agreement, HGS Automation will sell, integrate, and commission fully integrated Metrascan-R solutions, which provide robot-mounted optical CMM 3D scanners for automated inspection on and off the production line.
Based on the Metrascan 3D™ technology, the R (robot) version offers high accuracy, portability, and an intuitive interface to clients in need of 3D scanning devices for on-line measurements in the automotive and aerospace industries. HGS Automation also plans to offer custom solutions for clients in the heavy truck, rail, marine, medical, and general manufacturing industries.
Incorporating Creaform's TRUaccuracy™ technology, the robotized inspection solutions offer HGS Automation customers the following benefits:
* Speed: Automated inspection and quality control performed directly on production lines.
* Versatility: The solution can be fully configured and programmed (inspection programs) to meet inspection automation requirements for parts of various sizes and shapes.
* Accuracy: Highly-accurate measurements of up to 0.085 mm in shop floor conditions (no matter instability, vibrations, thermal variation, etc.). Accuracy is determined by the optical CMM scanner and independent from the robot.
* Dynamic referencing: With the C-Track's dynamic referencing mode, the coordinate system can be literally "locked" onto the part being measured, therefore maintaining part alignment during the entire scanning process regardless of the production conditions.
* Automatic self-calibration: Simply positioning a certified gauge in the work envelope ensures constant accuracy during the systems entire life cycle.
* Continuous parameter monitoring: Monitoring of parameters, such as temperature and accuracy, ensures constant device accuracy during a systems entire life.
The turnkey solutions offered by HGS Automation provide better quality, accuracy, and repeatability. Moreover, they reduce health and safety issues for repetitive tasks handled by humans. The agreement helps both organizations reach a larger spectrum of end users and provides a solid foundation for installations, support, and in-service support.
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable measurement technologies and specializes in 3D engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions, such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, and research and education. With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis and Grenoble, France, and has direct sales operations in the United States, France, Germany, China, Japan, and India.
Creaform is a unit of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of $3.6 billion.
About HGS Automation
HGS Automation with offices in Michigan and Washington states has over 40 years of experience as a leader and innovator of custom integrated solutions for automation from concept to turnkey completion.
HGS Automation designs, manufactures, and provides custom integrated solutions for automation for virtually every industry and robotic application. HGS Automation has a long tradition of providing comprehensive success and is highly experienced in industrial automation for aerospace, automotive, heavy truck, marine, rail and wind energy applications. For more information please visit www.hgsauto.com.