Chemring Displays Air Security Solutions at Farnborough Airshow
Chemring Technology Solutions
Ordnance House, Blackhill Road, Holton Heath
Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
Press release date: July 14, 2014
ROMSEY, England -
Visit Chemring at Stand 2C28D, Farnborough Airshow 14 - 20 July
Chemring Group is demonstrating its innovative air security solutions, for both the aerospace and defence industries, at this year's Farnborough International Airshow (FIA).
The air security technologies displayed on Chemring's stand (2C28D) cover a range of solutions across countermeasures, communications, networks, safety and surveillance, and include:
- ATTAIN - tracking of people or vehicles to automatically identify
- Chemical biological detection - to support perimeter security and baggage
- Gekko - surface bound data transfer technology which can significantly reduce
the wiring requirements in airframes, reducing weight and operational costs.
- GINCAN - GPS anti-jam protection for a range of platforms.
- Perception - a bio-inspired network security solution which detects cyber
attacks by detecting malicious behaviours.
- SmartLink - a man-portable 3G network in a box with a 15km range.
- VehicleScan - the world's most advanced and highest resolution under vehicle
- Countermeasures - defence systems for both naval and air platforms (including
the new F-35 Lightning II)
Chemring is also sponsoring the Red Devil, the official parachute display team of both The Parachute Regiment and The British Army. The team's members are widely regarded as the best display parachutists in the world and will deliver a spectacular show at FIA.
Michael Flowers, Chief Executive of Chemring, said: "Chemring's heritage of pioneering developments in the protection of aircraft, electronic sensors, networks and communications technology means that we are trusted by government and industrial partners worldwide. Our proven ability to solve technically challenging problems in order to protect both people and platforms, allows us to be at the forefront of technological developments for both commercial and defence air security requirements."
About Chemring Group http://www.chemring.co.uk
- Chemring is a global business that specialises in the manufacture of high
technology products and services to the aerospace, defence and security markets
- Employing more than 3,500 people worldwide, and with production facilities in
four countries, Chemring meets the needs of customers in more than fifty countries
- Chemring is now organised under three strategic product segments:
Countermeasures, Sensors & Electronics, and Energetic Systems
- Chemring has a diverse portfolio of products that deliver high reliability
solutions to protect people, platforms, mission and information against constantly
- Operating in niche markets and with strong investment in R&D, Chemring has the
agility to rapidly react to urgent customer needs
Contact: For further information please contact: James Horne Chemring Technology Solutions +44(0)1794-833000 firstname.lastname@example.org