ASHE/NFPA Medical Labeling Guide Now Available from Graphic Products
6445 SW Fallbrook Place
Beaverton, OR, 97008
Press release date: October 15, 2013
A new ASHE/NFPA Medical Labeling Guide is now available from Graphic Products – offering medical professionals a quick reference to application-specific NFPA codes for safe and proper labeling and signage throughout medical facilities.
When safety is compromised at medical facilities, patients, doctors, nurses, facility managers and thousands of others suffer.
"This guide is geared to give medical facility managers a handy reference to ASHE and NFPA HazCom standards. It should help take the guess-work out of HazCom printing, so they can stick to the sign and label printing specifications most facilities in this industry now follow," said Steve Stephenson, Graphic Products.
The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) relies on the National Fire Prevention Association to help establish HazCom standards for medical facilities. The NFPA is the world's leading advocate for fire prevention and develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Medical facilities are required to use labels according to NFPA codes. The ASHE/NFPA Medical Labeling Guide provides labeling tips associated with the following codes from the NFPA’s handbook, NFPA 99: Standard for Health Care Facilities:
Medical labeling applications include:
- NFPA 99 5.1.11 – Labels for Piping Manifolds
- NFPA 99 5.1.11 – Labels for Valves
- NFPA 99 126.96.36.199.2 – Labels for Cylinders
- NFPA 99 188.8.131.52.5 – Door Signs for Gases Other than Oxygen & Medical Air
- NFPA 99 184.108.40.206 – Door Signs for Only Medical Air or Oxygen Gases
- NFPA 99 220.127.116.11 – Door Signs for Oxidizing Gases (Oxygen, Nitrous Oxide, etc.)
- NFPA 99 18.104.22.168 – Gas Equipment Use Labeling
- NFPA 99 11.7.2 – Labels for Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage in the Laboratory
- NFPA 99 11.8.2 – Labels for Identification of Hazards in the Laboratory
- Specimen and biohazard labels
- Medical and gas pipe markers
- Wire and cable markers
- Fire extinguishers
The ASHE/NFPA Medical Labeling Guide is available free from Graphic Products. or requested by calling Graphic Products at 1-800-788-5572.
With more than 50 unique labeling supplies, Graphic Products, Inc. is equipped to solve problems in the industrial safety arena -- providing the right label material for nearly every type of application including arc flash, pipe marking, facility safety, mining, food processing and construction. Graphic Products is the global leader in workplace labeling and signage. For more information, visit http://www.GraphicProducts.com.
| Featured Manufacturing Jobs