Al Bredenberg is a writer, analyst, consultant, communicator, and specialist in the investigation and articulation of complex topics. A main writer for ThomasNet News’ Green & Clean Journal and Industry Market Trends (IMT), he writes about the environment, energy, innovation, management, and sustainable business and design.
Al holds a master's degree in organization and management from Antioch University New England. He has served as an editor for print and online content. He is also a senior analyst for the Institute for Innovation in Large Organizations.
Al is a lifelong learner with intense curiosity and no off-switch. He lives in Raleigh, N.C., with his wife Virginia.
Purchasing Managers’ Indexes (PMIs) provide key economic indicators based on monthly surveys of purchasing and supply executives. However, the two most well-known PMIs do not always paint the same picture of U.S. manufacturing, creating a conundrum for decision-makers.
Sometimes the best offense is a good defense. Oil and gas companies know this, which is why they actively employ measures to prevent and respond to spills.
With some oversight and regular auditing, it is possible for government agencies to produce regulations that serve their intended purpose without being extraneously complex and burdensome, industry experts argue.
Such devices can help companies save energy, reduce waste, and better integrate renewable energy sources by removing the need for batteries and reducing dependence on external energy sources.
The costs to manufacturing of federal regulation have increased an average of 7.6 percent annually since 1998. Manufacturing groups are lashing out against the growing burden in an effort to effect changes in Washington.
Research shows that in many companies, sustainability has hit a brick wall, mainly due to a lack of engagement with the corporate finance function. Working more closely with CFOs could help sustainability managers better communicate the value of sustainability to leadership.
Employee empowerment and the careful application of manufacturing performance metrics can help businesses develop a winning manufacturing strategy.
CHP (combined heat and power) offers a number of benefits, including lower energy costs, increased reliability, and lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. It also benefits the larger electrical grid through reductions in new transmission and distribution infrastructure and increased grid security.
The Institute for Sustainability has received planning permission to build a groundbreaking cross-business demonstration project based on the cradle-to-cradle model in London. The project helps address the increasing global demand for resources and the accompanying problem of waste disposal.
Lean principles developed and made famous by Toyota Motor Corp. seem to be best suited for large manufacturing facilities. But some experts say these techniques and tools can benefit small-run contract manufacturers.
Industry Market Trends
- Comparative Gauging System offers instant inspection status.
- EGR Sealing Material helps meet emission control standards.
- DVI KVM over IP Extender enables flexible access to computers.
- Mounting Bracket promotes secure cable and hose clamping.
- Single-Use Bioreactor System offers full pH and DO control.
- COM Express Mini COMs offer scalable power and performance.
- Battery Chargers target LiFePO4 batteries.
- Non-Toxic Rechargeable Battery can replace lead acid batteries.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine features touchscreen software.
- Polyurethane Seal exhibits extended wear resistance.
Author’s Latest Tweets
- It's Time to Think Three Feet for Sea Level Rise | http://t.co/W2hY3bl8S5 http://t.co/gCcu8oVoaO
- Carbon Dioxide-To-Chemical Processes Poised For Commercialization http://t.co/Px87vMoBXr
- Will your company be powered by Tesla? | http://t.co/avRwEAUya0 http://t.co/GgmGBhej6B
- Urban Car Use Declines As Biking and Public Transit Rise in the U.S. | CleanTechies Blog - http://t.co/eCCe11Ycwn http://t.co/XNKHqZlwrO
- Architect Builds Tiny 196 Square-Foot Dream House From Scratch - with slideshow http://t.co/fceNkQnt4T
|Products in the News | Company News | Mergers & Acquisitions | People in the News | Literature & Websites|
|Home | My ThomasNet News® | Industry Market Trends® | Submit Release | Advertise | Contact News | About Us|
Brought to you by Thomasnet.com
Browse ThomasNet Directory|