Long-time Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) member Dennis Bray has been elected president of the organization, it announced today. Bray was sworn in at SME’s Awards & Installation Banquet on Nov. 10 in Las Vegas, along with the rest of the 2013 SME executive committee and board of directors.
Bray is president and CEO of Countour Precision Group LLC, in Clover, S.C. Prior to this, he held top positions at Cincinnati Inc., Ingersoll International and its subsidiary, Ingersoll Milling Machine Co.
Bray has been an active SME member since 1985, chairing the organization’s former Manufacturing Enterprise Council (MEC) and providing leadership to the development of the Technical Community Network (TCN). He has participated in numerous conferences and events for different organizations, serving in many capacities, including session chair, panelist, technical paper presenter and speaker. Currently he serves on the executive, budget, finance and strategic planning committees.
“Having a passion for what you do throughout your career is one of those rewarding things that gives you a sense of accomplishment, satisfaction and the drive to find ways to improve,” Bray said in a statement released by SME today. “I — like many others involved with SME — am fortunate to have found this passion for manufacturing. SME nurtures this passion for those who choose to be a part of it.”
Also, elected to the 2013 SME executive committee are:
- President-Elect: Michael F. Molnar, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Vice President: Wayne F. Frost, Retired
- Secretary/Treasurer: Dean L. Bartles, General Dynamics Corp.
- At-Large Executive Committee Member: Sandra L. Bouckley, EATON Corp.
Remaining board of directors include:
- Joseph J. Beaman, The University of Texas at Austin
- Edye S. Buchanan, Fives North American Combustion Inc.
- Edward G. Halloran, HALCO Management Systems
- Matthew L. Hilgendorf, Caterpillar Inc.
- Thomas R. Kurfess, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President
- Robert R. Nesbitt, Eli Lilly and Co.
- Michael D. Packer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
- Susan M. Smyth, General Motors Corp.
- Mark C. Tomlinson, Society of Manufacturing Engineers